Twitch Asylum Video Game Radio Episode #5

Forum containing news postings

Moderator: Admin group

raz0red
Site Admin

Twitch Asylum Video Game Radio Episode #5

Post by raz0red » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:30 am

Our fifth podcast is now available! Download it here.

In this episode, we air the second and final portion of our interview with Curt Vendel. During the interview, Curt discusses his involvement in the development of the Atari Flashback 2 hardware, atarimuseum.com, and the Atari Historical Society.

In our "rant" segment we discuss the future of electronic video game distribution. We focus on the fact that unlike their PC counterpart, console game electronic distribution will be controlled solely by the console makers (Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo).

During our "Retro Respect" segment, we take a look back at the NEC TurboGrafix-16. We emphasize on the key role that Hudson Soft played in the development of both the hardware and games for the platform. We also discuss the fact that the TurboGrafx-16 will be available on the Nintendo Revolution virtual console.

Our "Gaming Moments" this episode include a look at Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion (360), Far Cry Instincts Predator (360), Daxter (PSP), and Kingdom Hearts II (PS2).

In our look at the news we discuss that some organizations are stating that, "Games make kids fat, nympho chain-smoking alcoholics", a decrease in sales of M-rated games to underage kids, Nintendo's annual profit being the largest since 2001, and much more.
Last edited by raz0red on Sun May 28, 2006 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:51 am

Sorry about the audio quality for this podcast. Normally, I tone down the range prior to the MP3 conversion. But, since we had new mics this time, I tried to limit that.

However, it appears that when it was converted to MP3 it made it "slur" a bit. In fact, several people asked me how many I had to drink prior to the podcast. The funny part is, for this episode, I didn't drink at all... heh...

I will tone down the next one to avoid the slurring affect.

Sorry.

--Raz.

Kraek

Post by Kraek » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:08 pm

I am downloading the show now! I really enjoy all the work you guys put in these shows!

Kraek

Post by Kraek » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:18 pm

Wow great show! I can't wait to play Bonk's Adventure again! Nintendo might just have the best system yet!

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:32 pm

Downloading now!
Everytime I see another Asylum episode ready, it makes my day! Love the shows guys!

SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

msaeger

Post by msaeger » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:30 pm

I can see having downloadable only for things like the old nes games nintendo is planning but not for new first run games.

I like going to the stores and checking out games and I also like having the boxes for them.

I hadn't thought of the point you guys brought up about there not being used games any more that would stink for sure.

The way to stop this is don't buy the games and if some company makes a game you want only available for download let them know you won't buy it that way.

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:29 pm

Thanks for all the positive feedback, I really appreciate it.

We are considering releasing an all-outtakes mini-show. It would be completely silly and content-free, but some of it is pretty funny. There is a crazy little moment that we have on tape, where Chris' wife thought that the reason we kept going outside during the breaks in the show was to do drugs! I must say that this is completely untrue. Woody went outside to smoke a (plain tobacco) cigarette, and Chris and I went outside to talk to him.

On the other hand, we sound so goofy in the show, especially with the MP3 artifacting on our voices, that I can almost understand why someone would think that we were high. Trust me, we seem much more reasonable in real life :)

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:06 am

Heh.

Just to clear up the wife thinking we were smoking pot thingie. The reason she thought that was because I must have been approached 20+ times in Mexico to buy pot. For some reason I kept getting it offered to me. Anyway, I kept saying no, I don't do that stuff. So, she thought I must have bought some and that is why we all went outside laughing and being loud... She has lived a very sheltered life. :wink:

And, as far as the outtakes thing goes. I just threw together some funny stuff and sent it to Tom and Woody for a laugh. We may some day release it. It wouldn't be a podcast, just some MP3 you could download via the forum of something. It would never be a replacement for our bi-monthly podcast. We will continue to deliver those every two weeks unless one of two things occurs. People stop listening to us or we run out of material (But, I highly doubt the material thing would ever happen, there is just so much video game stuff to cover).

Anyway, thanks for the positive feedback. We really appreciate it!

I also concur that I do sound more reasonable in real life than on the podcast (As for Tom and Woody? I have no comment on that).

--Raz.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Thu May 25, 2006 6:41 pm

Dont smoke pot

pot is for newbs u gotta get the lawn grass yea i know its good because all the hobbos do it
(and they are smart trust me!)
OL' DIRTY BASTARD