The Podcasts (and other stuff...)

Forum for our Podcast
iamsjn

The Podcasts (and other stuff...)

Post by iamsjn » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:03 pm

Greets All...

Just got home after spending the past 5.5 hours on a plane. It gave me the opportunity to listen to some of the old Twitch Asylum Podcasts that I keep stored on my trusty iPod. I gotta tell ya, Twitch #2 is by far my favorite! Having Howard Scott Warshaw on was just absolutely fantastic. Although I did sense a bit of uneasyness in the Raz's voice when he started talking about doing 'ahem' stronger "substances" when he started making money off his games. Listening to your first cast was great. It's amazing how much better you all have gotten at these. Everyone should take some time and give those podcasts a second listen. They're absolute jewels. If you start jonesin' for the next release of Twitch Asylum, go ahead and give 'em a listen. They're just as good (if not better) when you listen to them a second time around!

Podcast question- What is the purpose of playing a track & taking those breaks in between segments? Other than the obvious beer run and trip to the can, is it a way to make editing easier? I about died laughing when Raz kept making Tom screw up by going to the next segment rather than taking that break. Steam must fell for that like 3 or 4 times! OH.... and who is the "Voice of Twitch" at the beginning of each episode? She has a really good radio voice!

Good stuff Guys. Alright, time to head upstairs and download that latest eppy!

You guys are the best!
--SjN :wink:
Last edited by iamsjn on Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:51 am

The voice at the beginning is Raz's wife. She does have a good radio voice. The breaks between segments are so we can go get a drink, Woody can smoke a cigarette if he needs to, and we can all rest for a few minutes. Yeah, I fell for the next segment trick a lot. We do the show a little differently each time, and sometimes we record things out of order, so it is easy to trick me :-). I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the early shows.

Tom

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:56 am

Thanks for the kind words! Twitch #2 is probably my favorite podcast as well. Howard is a really cool guy, and he takes way too much grief for E.T. I am working on getting some interviews together for future podcasts as well.

We just put the music in for a transition between segments. We could just splice them together as we take a break and go play a game together, complain about work, etc. at that time. However, we just thought it felt sort of odd having them directly spliced one after the other. Listening to us for an hour and a half straight without anything else to break it up seemed a bit much. :D

The "Voice of Twitch" belongs to my wife, Amy. We have tried to get her on the show from time to time, but it has never really worked out. Once we had her on, and she spent the whole segment ripping on me, so I cut it. :D Maybe I will play that some time on an outtakes episode or something.

--Raz.

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:16 pm

"The "Voice of Twitch" belongs to my wife, Amy. We have tried to get her on the show from time to time, but it has never really worked out. Once we had her on, and she spent the whole segment ripping on me, so I cut it. :D Maybe I will play that some time on an outtakes episode or something."

Now THATS a great idea Raz! An outtakes episode would be fantastic! I've heard some outtakes at the end of your shows that almost made me spit my Michelob Ultra all over my desk but a good "back in the day" episode featuring outtakes and other memorable Asylum moments would be worth it's weight in gold. Maybe you could have some of us regulars suggest some of the great moments and you, Tom & Woody could have a splicing party with some in between setup comments thrown in.

Thanks for all the good times!

--SjN

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:48 pm

I would totally be up for doing an episode like that. I have a short outakes thing that I put together some time ago. It is around 10-15 minutes. I would release it on here, but there is some explicit stuff, etc. But, if enough people are interested, I would definitely post it. There are some pretty funny clips.

--Raz.

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:02 pm

As long as Tom and Woody are cool with it, you got my vote! A kind of "best of and worst of" Twitch Asylum. And ya GOTTA bring Amy on to help narrate. I'd actually like to hear what it's like livin' with "The Raz..."

--SjN