Twitch Asylum Video Game Radio Episode #15

Forum containing news postings

Moderator: Admin group

raz0red
Site Admin

Twitch Asylum Video Game Radio Episode #15

Post by raz0red » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:30 pm

Our fifteenth podcast is now available! Download it here.

In this month's "discussion" segment, we review the insanity that was the PlayStation 3 launch. During the segment, we also give our hands-on impressions of the system.

Our "Retro Respect" segment this time is the first part of a two part series on the history of "Nintendo". During the segment we discuss the early days of Nintendo when they were producing playing cards through the introduction of the Nintendo Entertainment System.

"News" items this time include the Spike gaming awards results, the Xbox becoming an ex-console, why Japan is lining up for 360s, and how to stream audio/video formats to the 360.

Our "Gaming Moments" this episode include Eragon (360), Elite Beat Agents (DS), Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii), Wii Sports (Wii), Madden (Wii), and the HD-DVD player for the 360.
Last edited by raz0red on Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:46 am, edited 11 times in total.

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:34 pm

Released the day after my 23rd birthday, I can deal with that. I can't wait!

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:25 pm

Thats GREAT news guys.
Every time I see your homepage change, I know good things are about to happen.

What do you say guys? Should we try to guess at the Retro-Respect topic? Since it could possibly span two eppys, I'd have to say it's a huge company with tons of stories to cover. If I could pick just one company that'd fit the bill, I'd have to pick-

Activision

Don't give it away Raz, I want to be surprised!

--SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

Horprodukt

Post by Horprodukt » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:33 am

Listening to the show now........ oh man! Great story about queuing up for the PS3!!!!! Had me laughing out load at work.

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:08 am

Downloaded it lastnight. Over 2 awesome hours of Asylum goodness! It's gonna be a GREAT 'drive in to work' day! Looking forward to it!!

--SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:40 am

wow raz that story was realy.... realy entertaing

and learning about the old school games is always a blast .

but yea long wait, long long wait but still it was a great podcast like usual
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

dragon57

Post by dragon57 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:51 pm

Another great podcast. The PS3 bit was fantastic.

My wife bought me a 360 for Christmas and I can't wait to start using it. Hopefully I can start playing some of 360 stuff you guys rave about.

Thanks for all the hard work putting the podcast together.

dantebk

Post by dantebk » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:21 am

Excellent show! Worth the wait!

I listen to podcasts and internet radio all day at my office, so I love when your podcast comes around, because I know I'm in for 2 straight hours of video game goodness. Loved the PS3 story --I always love personal stories, it was hearing about Chris standing outside a closed Gamestop downloading DS demos that got me hooked on this podcast in the first place-- and loved the history of Nintendo. I had no idea R.O.B. was a launch accessory, or that Nintendo had been around over 100 years! Wow!

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:42 pm

Thanks for all the great feedback on the show. This was a very fun episode to do, and I can't wait for part 2 of our history of Nintendo.

Tom

LimitZer0

Post by LimitZer0 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:35 pm

Another good read is "The Ultimate History of Video Games". It covers 1889-2001. ISBN: 0761536434

Pristine: How the hell did you get such a good Defender score? Share some secrets. :wink:

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:23 pm

Defender tips: I'm not doing anything too exotic, but here are the basics: shoot the aliens when they are holding a human, catch the human as he falls, and then put him back on the ground. Each time you do this you get 1000 points. In the first two waves, fly around quickly and don't let them get away with any of the humans so you get a good bonus at the end of the wave. Later on, "lure" a lot of enemies onto the screen at the same time and then smartbomb. Against tough enemies, fly quickly past them and then reverse directions without using thrust, so that you wind up drifting backwards, then shoot back towards them as they chase you. This is an essential technique against the mutants.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:34 pm

LimitZer0 wrote:Another good read is "The Ultimate History of Video Games". It covers 1889-2001. ISBN: 0761536434
This is by far my favorite video game related history book. In fact it is funny you mention it, because I am in the middle of reading it for what would be probably the 7th time... The different quotes from the people who lived it always make me laugh.

--Raz.

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:38 pm

I just listened to this one finally today, damn finals. Great episode, the story about how you got your PS3 (and then sold it) is great. I stood in line overnight for a Wii in front of a Toys R Us, unfortunately the story was FAR less interesting and there was no mythical "list". I have to say though, I am kind of glad you sold your PS3, those few days that you had it and played it was probably the most enjoyment you would have ever gotten out of it. Nice show, once again.

oh and I got mentioned again, yay!!

Horprodukt

Post by Horprodukt » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:13 am

Hi guys

Any sign of Twitch Asylum Video Game Radio Episode #16 yet?

I'm hungry for some more Twitchyness!

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:31 pm

cant wait for new podcast and maybe we can get together cause i got gears so we can play a little vs
Last edited by The Brass on Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OL' DIRTY BASTARD