Forum containing news postings

Moderator: Admin group

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:16 pm

i have never seen the words star trek, and nba in the same gamer card
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:42 pm

It's true, I'm not very good at Gears of War. In fact, I'm not very good at shooters in general. Still, it was fun to play co-op with Magic Man.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:34 pm

it was fun to play with u too man

yo and steam i wanted to know if u caught a chewnicorn in viva pinata yet
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

dantebk

Post by dantebk » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:30 am

Great show! I enjoyed listening to it, as always. I can't wait for the rest of the Nintendo series.

Are you guys planning on adding a picture of Dave (I really hope that's his name) to your "About" page? Dave sounds identical to a manager at a Circuit City I worked at several years ago and it's kind of eerie...

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:35 pm

dantebk wrote:Great show! I enjoyed listening to it, as always. I can't wait for the rest of the Nintendo series.

Are you guys planning on adding a picture of Dave (I really hope that's his name) to your "About" page? Dave sounds identical to a manager at a Circuit City I worked at several years ago and it's kind of eerie...
Heh.

Dave and I have discussed putting his pic on the site, so it should be up prior to the next show. I just asked him and he said he doesn't recall ever working at Circuit City, although he can't be 100% sure. :D

--Raz.

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:13 pm

First off -

WHAT A FANTASTIC EPISODE!!!

You guys put on a seriously professional cast. Right up there with TWiT. I kid you not. Actually I would go so far as to say that I enjoy your Podcast more than TWiT. I can't think of a Podcast that I actually look forward to.

That says something...

Now, on to the show-

1. My favorite part of Cinemaware's Defender Of The Crown was the 'undressing sequence' of the princess. Give me a break, I was a teenager with hormones wildly out of control. (Yea, it's sad. I know. Kind of like ASCII graphics of naked chicks you all printed on tractor feed paper.... DON'T LIE! YOU KNOW YOU DID IT!!)

2. And Woody, I do remember the Atari logo being a spaceship. There was a commercial where it flew around and shot stuff.

3. Just Curious, the Apple you bought, does it have all the signatures of the staff (including the 2 Steves) on the inside case? Not sure if that was just a specific model.

4. THANK YOU FOR MENTIONING THE IMPOSSIBILITY OF MADDEN if you've never played it before! I thought I was mentally challenged or something. I never played Madden until 2007 and I literally gave up on it. It's to the point where it isn't even fun.

5. Ahhhh, Adventure... My favorite ALL TIME GAME for the Atari 2600. I first read about that egg in the first issue of Atari Age magazine. I played it NON-STOP until I found the 'dot'. Yes, I figured out the egg all on my own!

6. Activision - - One word: ENDURO!!!!!

7. ET - Definitely NOT the worst game ever made. I actually liked it and STILL do! By the way, I lived in Alamogordo, New Mexico during the now infamous Atari Landfill incident. I remember the semi's rolling through town. Yes, it really happened.

8. Electronic Arts... Ahhhh, what is there to say? I LOVED their games. By far, my favorite is The Bard's Tale. I still own the box and all the accessories to this day. Rumor has it, there was a Bard's Tale 4 in production but was shelved. Apparently it still is. One of those great classic gaming rumors.

9. ACCOLADE! My favorite game from Accolade was a game called 'Killed Until Dead". Kind of a video game version of Clue. You got to play a gumshoe. Awesome FUN!!

I gotta say- Since my discovery of World of Warcraft, I haven't picked up my 360 in some time. You guys have inspired me to jump back in! See? There are actually people out there that rely on you guys to keep the spirit of gaming alive! Don't give this up!

Thanks for the FANTASTIC memories!
I love you guys and you made my week!

--SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

sputicus

Post by sputicus » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:18 pm

I have been chastised for comparing our podcast to TWiT. The others say something along the lines of not bothering to compare us to lame podcasts (sorry TWiT, often it is true).

Regardless, thanks for the mighty kind words.

BTW - I am posting so Chris can't give me crap about never reading the forums.

And no, I have never worked for any computer retailer.

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:31 pm

Magic Man - No chewnicorn yet, but I did tame my first sour pinata the other day. I need to play Viva Pinata a lot more because I really want to get more exotic pinatas.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:31 pm

sputicus wrote:I have been chastised for comparing our podcast to TWiT. The others say something along the lines of not bothering to compare us to lame podcasts (sorry TWiT, often it is true).

Regardless, thanks for the mighty kind words.

BTW - I am posting so Chris can't give me crap about never reading the forums.

And no, I have never worked for any computer retailer.
I just have to state that I am a loyal TWiT listener and never miss an episode. Sure, Leo and John sometimes drag out the segments, but I enjoy them nonetheless. It is truly where I get my tech news. I enjoy Digg as well, but they are just too short for me. TWiT usually digs a bit deeper.

--Raz.

LimitZer0

Post by LimitZer0 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:55 pm

Great episode... Who mentioned they were playing Sword of the Berserk Guts Rage? The game is alright but I loved the Anime. Armada, Speed Devils Online, Daytona USA, and Phantasy Star were my favorite DC games. I would love to see the first 3 on XBLA. They were going to make an Armada sequal on the Xbox but it never happened.

I tried listening to TWIT, but I hate Leo. He seems to know little about many things.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:34 pm

iamsjn wrote: 1. My favorite part of Cinemaware's Defender Of The Crown was the 'undressing sequence' of the princess. Give me a break, I was a teenager with hormones wildly out of control. (Yea, it's sad. I know. Kind of like ASCII graphics of naked chicks you all printed on tractor feed paper.... DON'T LIE! YOU KNOW YOU DID IT!!)
No comment. :D

iamsjn wrote: 3. Just Curious, the Apple you bought, does it have all the signatures of the staff (including the 2 Steves) on the inside case? Not sure if that was just a specific model.
Good question, I will check it out tomorrow at work and let you know. I think that was on all the motherboards, but I might be mistaken.
iamsjn wrote: 4. THANK YOU FOR MENTIONING THE IMPOSSIBILITY OF MADDEN if you've never played it before! I thought I was mentally challenged or something. I never played Madden until 2007 and I literally gave up on it. It's to the point where it isn't even fun.
I really enjoy NCAA 07 much more than I do Madden. If you ever pick up a copy of it, I would really enjoy playing you online. It seems everyone I play has been playing Madden/NCAA for years and I always get schooled.
iamsjn wrote: 5. Ahhhh, Adventure... My favorite ALL TIME GAME for the Atari 2600. I first read about that egg in the first issue of Atari Age magazine. I played it NON-STOP until I found the 'dot'. Yes, I figured out the egg all on my own!
Nice! I had to follow the steps in the magazine... But, it was definitely worth it!
iamsjn wrote: 6. Activision - - One word: ENDURO!!!!!
Ah yes... Enduro. That was a great game. I also enjoyed River Raid, Barnstorming, and Chopper Command.
iamsjn wrote: 7. ET - Definitely NOT the worst game ever made. I actually liked it and STILL do! By the way, I lived in Alamogordo, New Mexico during the now infamous Atari Landfill incident. I remember the semi's rolling through town. Yes, it really happened.
Heh... I thought it was all just a rumor. Atari was already on the way out prior to E.T. being released, it was just the final nail in the coffin. The game itself isn't horrible, the expectations were just way too high... and those damn holes...
iamsjn wrote: 8. Electronic Arts... Ahhhh, what is there to say? I LOVED their games. By far, my favorite is The Bard's Tale. I still own the box and all the accessories to this day. Rumor has it, there was a Bard's Tale 4 in production but was shelved. Apparently it still is. One of those great classic gaming rumors.
E.A. was the company back in the day. The early titles like Hardhat Mack, Archon, Seven Cities of Gold, Pinball Construction Set, etc. were awesome. It is sad to see what they have become.
iamsjn wrote: 9. ACCOLADE! My favorite game from Accolade was a game called 'Killed Until Dead". Kind of a video game version of Clue. You got to play a gumshoe. Awesome FUN!!
Oh man, "Killed Until Dead", I had completely forgotten about that one. My favorite Accolade game had to be Hardball. For its time it had the best graphics and gameplay of any baseball game.
iamsjn wrote: I gotta say- Since my discovery of World of Warcraft, I haven't picked up my 360 in some time. You guys have inspired me to jump back in! See? There are actually people out there that rely on you guys to keep the spirit of gaming alive! Don't give this up!
Yeah, I took a break from my 360 for a bit as well. However, I have been playing Crackdown quite a bit and am enjoying it a lot. The HD version of Alien Hominid is also pretty cool. Not too long and Forza 2 will be out.... I can't wait.

Thanks a lot for listening. Sorry again about the delay. We all really enjoy putting together the shows, but real life sometimes gets in the way...

--Raz.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:39 pm

LimitZer0 wrote:Who mentioned they were playing Sword of the Berserk Guts Rage? The game is alright but I loved the Anime. Armada, Speed Devils Online, Daytona USA, and Phantasy Star were my favorite DC games.
I am currently playing Sword of the Berserk. It definitely isn't an award winner, but it is a mindless hack and slash and sometimes I enjoy playing games like that. The art in it is definitely nice.

I really enjoy Speed Devils and Daytona (I was just playing Daytona again yesterday). However, I have never played Armada. After reading the reviews, it sounds like I need to search eBay for a copy.

--Raz.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:42 pm

PristineSteam wrote:Magic Man - No chewnicorn yet, but I did tame my first sour pinata the other day. I need to play Viva Pinata a lot more because I really want to get more exotic pinatas.
*smirk and u call yourself a pinata tamer your not a real man till u can tame a chewnicorn i wish i still had viva pinata cause i could of sent you some of my pinatas i have some pretty rare ones. Or i could just send u a box full of sours and weeds.

And also as u beging the pinatas are small compared to the big ones you can get a chewnicorn is realy realy big. when you see your first horse radish you will be amazed at how big pinatas can get
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:02 pm

u call yourself a pinata tamer your not a real man till u can tame a chewnicorn
This is one of the funniest things I've seen in the forums. :D

dantebk

Post by dantebk » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:08 pm

Sorry, I've been trying but I can't parse "TWiT" into anything I've ever heard of. What is that exactly?

Besides Twitch Asylum, I listen to The Hotspot, Joystiq, and Xbox 360 Fanboy podcasts. And okay, once in a while I listen to IGN podcasts when I run out of other stuff, but it's always feels a bit too fratboy-ish.