Twitch Asylum Video Game Radio Episode #17

Forum containing news postings

Moderator: Admin group

raz0red
Site Admin

Twitch Asylum Video Game Radio Episode #17

Post by raz0red » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:11 pm

After a very long hiatus we return with our first episode in a new series of podcasts from Twitch Asylum. Download it here.

Our "Retro Respect" section is broken into two parts focusing on the recent releases of several classic gaming documentaries. The first part consists of a brief synopsis and discussion of the documentary, "The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters", in which Steve Weibe attempts to set a Donkey Kong world record. During the second half of the segment, we conduct our first in-studio interview with William Carlton. William stars in the classic gaming documentary, "High Score", in which he attempts to set the Missile Command world record.

Our "Gaming Moments" this episode include Eye of Judgment (PS3), Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3), Burnout: Paradise (360/PS3), The Orange Box (360/PS3), Assassin's Creed (360), Mass Effect (360), and Crysis (PC).

We also reflect on some of our favorite games from 2007 during the "Discussion" segment.
Last edited by raz0red on Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Horprodukt

Post by Horprodukt » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:36 am

going to have a listen now.... cheers guys.

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:49 am

I am very excited! Welcome back!

Horprodukt

Post by Horprodukt » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:18 am

Great to hear you guys again.

Good show.

Interesting to hear what you're all playing. I've started Orange Box, very cool. Portal rocks! One of my favourite modern games. Enjoying Halo 3 as well as other stuff. Crysis sounds interesting, but a shame a high end PC is needed. I wonder if it'll get converted for the 360, or if the 360 could handle a version without loosing too much quality?

I've got to check out "King of Kong" and "High Score". They sound cool.

I'm glad you're back, and looking forward to future episodes.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:33 am

Horprodukt wrote:Great to hear you guys again.
Interesting to hear what you're all playing. I've started Orange Box, very cool. Portal rocks! One of my favourite modern games. Enjoying Halo 3 as well as other stuff. Crysis sounds interesting, but a shame a high end PC is needed. I wonder if it'll get converted for the 360, or if the 360 could handle a version without loosing too much quality?
At this point there have been no announcements w/ respect to Crysis being released for consoles. There was some rumor that it may get released for the PS3, but nothing official. I think it could definitely be made to work on the 360/PS3, but it would probably be done by an outside group (not Crytek). Based on the sales of the game(which weren't good), and the fact that it is published by EA, I would venture to guess that they will probably bring it out at some point on consoles in an effort to recover some of the development costs.
Horprodukt wrote: I've got to check out "King of Kong" and "High Score". They sound cool.
The "King of Kong" is going to go on sale at the end of the month. We are also going to be giving away a free copy, an announcement that we will be making during the next podcast.

Thanks a lot for listening.

--Raz.

dragon57

Post by dragon57 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Hey, welcome back guys. Another great show, as always. The interview was fantastic.

In a world of video game podcast madness, Twitch Asylum is the pool of sanity ;).

zodiacprime

Post by zodiacprime » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:34 am

Updated my pods today and what do I see pop up in my queue?!? ...wow... so glad you guys are back. Great to hear that you're all determined to give this another go. I'm looking forward to a Twitchy '08. Thanks guys.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:04 am

hey guys gonna listen to it now glad u guys r back. FInaly the podcast is back that i actually find can rival 1up and GFW. Cant wait
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

yeti

Post by yeti » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:23 am

Great stuff, so glad you guys got another show out!

This is easily one of my favorite shows and i did not stop subscribing to the feed just in case just re-booted some day...

Thanks again
:D

teal

Welcome back

Post by teal » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:01 am

Glad to see/hear you guys back on the podcasting horse. Great show!

-t.
Visit the Working Gamer Podcast
Gaming News and Commentary for Real People

slapntickle

Post by slapntickle » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:36 pm

Welcome back! :D

LimitZer0

Post by LimitZer0 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:36 pm

I almost deleted the podcast from iTunes a few times... glad I didn't. :wink:

fergojisan

Post by fergojisan » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:01 am

Hooray! I'm so glad the podcast is back! I found this podcast in the fall, and I went back and listened to all of them. I was very sad when I ran out and it didn't look like there were going to be anymore. Thanks to the guys for taking the time to do the podcast, it's definitely my favorite. I'm looking forward to many more episodes!

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:25 am

FunSpot in NH?! I frequent that place often. It is not too far from where I live, as NH isn't very big to start. Oh man, now I feel so special. haha

Nice podcast again guys.

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:50 pm

Finally finished it tonight. Great episode, I loved the guest you had and I plan on watching both those movies, somehow.

Also, where did you guys get the music for this episode? It wasn't too bad.