Moderator: Admin group

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:33 pm

brassmonkey is def applying for that contest
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:36 pm

Achilles wrote:Finally finished it tonight. Great episode, I loved the guest you had and I plan on watching both those movies, somehow.

Also, where did you guys get the music for this episode? It wasn't too bad.
The "King of Kong" will soon be on DVD. As for, "High Score", William said they have something potentially in the works, so I am thinking there might be a limited DVD release, but again, not sure.

As far as the music goes, they are all from different games. You can find them (and many more) at, "Overclocked Remix".

http://www.ocremix.org/

--Raz.

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:03 am

dragon57 wrote:Hey, welcome back guys. Another great show, as always. The interview was fantastic.

In a world of video game podcast madness, Twitch Asylum is the pool of sanity ;).
Thanks! It was really a lot easier and more fun to do a live, in-studio interview, compared to doing it over the phone or Skype. I hope we can do more of these.

Tom

yeti

Post by yeti » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:53 am

just finished listening to the show.

* loved the general banter which as usual was great

* personally, i'd make the music segments just a little shorter, say less 30 secs (have the full music available for download?)

* in-studio interview was awesome - very insightful

* audio quality was great

* movie review was good contrast with the rest of the show

just my 2pence worth, dont' take any of my thoughts as a given - its your show so do what you can to streamline the production loop and most of all, enjoy yourselves doing it otherwise it just becomes another J.O.B :)

already im looking fwd to the next show badly!

PS hows the progress in Twilight Princess, im playing through myself - around 40 hrs and loving it

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:19 pm

yeti wrote:just finished listening to the show.
* personally, i'd make the music segments just a little shorter, say less 30 secs (have the full music available for download?)
Heh, it is funny you should bring that up. The music segments are supposed to be only 15 seconds with a few seconds of overlap on the previous and next segments. However, for this episode, I found some last minute issues that I needed to address (editing them out). It was getting late, so I just extended the music segments to account for it (minimal amount of overlap). I too thought they were too long, but figured I would rather get it out than spend another hour fixing all of the other tracks.

Sorry again, it had been a while since we did a podcast and my editing skills were lacking...

--Chris.

yeti

Post by yeti » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:05 am

raz0red wrote:
yeti wrote:just finished listening to the show.
Heh, it is funny you should bring that up. The music segments are supposed to be only 15 seconds with a few seconds of overlap on the previous and next segments. However, for this episode, I found some last minute issues that I needed to address (editing them out). It was getting late, so I just extended the music segments to account for it (minimal amount of overlap). I too thought they were too long, but figured I would rather get it out than spend another hour fixing all of the other tracks.

Sorry again, it had been a while since we did a podcast and my editing skills were lacking...

--Chris.
hehe no worries, i would have done the same ;)

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:58 pm

uhhh yo raz when ru gonna declare the winners of the contest next episode?
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

Harmik

Post by Harmik » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:38 am

I only found the site recently then noticed that episode 16 was what i thought was the last,so glad your all back eccept for Tom his just stupid,just kidding :P no realy i have a 1.5 hour trip to and from work every day,so i get to listen to a lot of podcasts and most of them realy are stupid. Especially ones that try and talk about retro and get it so wrong as thay were about 1 when it all happend,but even the new stuff your comments are far more intelligent and logical and more in line with what i think so you must be right :), to many for me to list but one example,would be about The King Of Kong and Billy Mitchell.Some of the things you and tom said made much more sence than what other sites have said,any way i really do love the podcast and hope you all keep it up even you Tom :).And end up doing some of the features talked about on episode 16 and many more :D

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:46 am

I listened to the latest Major Nelson Podcast from XBOX and they talked about Kings of Kong on it for a few seconds. They didn't get the sweet interview like you got though. Nice work!

Krisz

Post by Krisz » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:26 am

Awesome...

Extreme boredom had me looking for podcasts after a discussion about them with a friend - and I thought to myself: "remember that video game podcast that raped and abused all of its fans?" ;)

So glad I checked here. Love you guys - been a long time listener.

Rock on.

Subaltern

Post by Subaltern » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:01 pm

Long time listener, first time poster here. Not sure why it took me so long to join, but here I am!

Anyway, nice to have you guys back!

ShadraX

Post by ShadraX » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:06 pm

Welcome back guys and thanks for the new show! I can't wait to listen to it! :D

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:28 pm

Welcome to all of the new forum members (and the older ones that have returned).

We really do appreciate it.

--Raz.

TMBGeorge

Post by TMBGeorge » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:51 am

It was great to hear a more current podcast. I just recently discovered you guys so I didn't have long to wait during the hiatus. I downloaded all the episodes so in the time from when I first found you until your latest podcast, it was like you never left hehe. This is a great podcast series and I really enjoy it. It has a great mix of humor, news, opinion and the best thing is that even when you talk about technical aspects that the casual gamer may not relate to, you take the time to explain it. And I feel that sets you apart from 90% of the gamer podcasts out there that I've tried to listen to, only to find myself lost in the techincal speak. Hopefully you will keep it up.

A new fan,

-G

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:46 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm soooooooo excited to have you guys back! I can't begin to tell you how much I've missed my dose of Twitch! You guys keep my love of a dying pastime alive and well!

THANKS FOR COMING BACK!!!!

-SJN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight