So did you guys give up ?

Forum for our Podcast
msaeger

So did you guys give up ?

Post by msaeger » Thu May 18, 2006 3:22 pm

Hope you guys didn't give on the Podcast it was nice to have another intelligent videogame podcast that wasn't a bunch of weenies talking about podcasting for an hour.

Epicfool

lol

Post by Epicfool » Fri May 19, 2006 10:32 am

who about it

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Fri May 19, 2006 7:33 pm

Never fear, we are not dead.

It has been a rough go as of late for me personally. Probably the biggest thing has been a new job that was forcing quite a bit of travel, mostly to the east coast. That caused us to miss a couple of opportunities to record, etc. etc. Some other things that happened was, both of my cars died, we found we had rats living under our house that I had to deal with, etc. On top of that, the way we were doing recording of the podcast was taking way too long and my wife was getting a bit frustrated.

So... we took a bit of a break, waited for my job to calm down (which it has now), and tried to figure out a better way to do the podcast.

So, what we have decided is to pretty much eliminate the editing we were doing. We were recording a lot of stuff, and then just dumping the parts we didn't like. Which, on the surface sounds great, but takes way too much time. Further we were stuggling to pick topics to fit into all the categories, etc.

So, we decided, we are just going to let it flow with little editing. As far as the show's content goes, we are going to talk about what interests us, and hope that people find it interesting. I don't think many people will even notice the changes, but if you hear our next podcast and wonder what is up, it is that we are trying some new stuff to reduce the time it takes.

Anyway, expect a podcast this Sunday, and again, we apologize for the delay.

Hope everyone is still listening...

--Raz.

msaeger

Post by msaeger » Sun May 21, 2006 7:08 pm

Thanks for the info good to hear the show is still on. Good luck with the new job too.

I don't mean this to sound bad but it sounded to me like the whole thing was recorded in one shot already. Must be good editing :)

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sun May 21, 2006 7:20 pm

Hehe, yeah, we tried to make it is as transparent as possible. Just trying to cut out stuff that we thought was a bit boring, etc. etc.

We recorded the show yesterday, so it will be posted late tonight (or early tomorrow morning). This show clocks in at a lengthy 2 hours and 10 minutes.

Hope all you guys enjoy.

--Raz.

crimsontwin

Post by crimsontwin » Tue May 23, 2006 10:46 am

only started listening this week but i have listened to all the previous episodes and loved every minit
only the insane have strength enough to prosper, only those who prosper can truly judge what is sane.

crimsontwin on xbox live too, add me :)

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Tue May 23, 2006 2:25 pm

Great! Glad to hear you like the podcasts. I will add you to my XBL friends tonight.

--Raz.

gavv

Post by gavv » Tue May 23, 2006 9:52 pm

actually i rather like the new 'format'. it works better when it's items and topics that are being spoken from out of true passion than trying to shoehorn it into some follow the numbers format.

loved the apple II section. I too grew up on the Apple II and though i don't have my old IIe i do have a IIc i found and still had some of my old game discs. do you have show notes/links to some of the ADT disk image transfer stuff to point us to perhaps?

Ryan

some of my really really favorite games back in the day on the Apple II (that you didn't mention) were of course Ultima (started with III), Dino Eggs, Bilestoad (man that was cool to an early teen back in the day ^^) , all the original Bard's Tale games, Karateka, and Gemstone Warrior to name but a few. It was also the starting platform for imho STILL pound for pound the best video baseball game ever, Hardball (by Bob Whitehead of activision fame)

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Wed May 24, 2006 9:49 am

Thanks for the great feedback. We really enjoyed recording this episode. It was also great to have to do almost zero editing on it.

Just a note for those who may not know, you can always find links for the different podcasts at:

http://www.twitchasylum.com/podcast.html

As far as ADT goes, here is where you can get the main program:

http://www.apple2.org.za/gswv/a2zine/Sel/ADTWin.html

Now, I have an Apple IIe, so I am using the SuperSerial Card II w/ a null-modem connection to my PC. The only difficult part was trying to figure out how to properly tweak the dip switches to get it to 300 baud, and then back to 38,400.

After doing a bit of research, I found that the Apple IIc seems to have this card already built in. Seems like there are some good threads on the news groups about how to get it working with the IIc.

Apple FAQ
Google News Thread 1
Google News Thread 2

I was able to use HyperTerminal to transfer the ADT program to the IIc. That was really the hardest part as you needed to kick it down to 300 baud, etc. However, if you are unable to get that part working, just let me know, and I could send you a disk with ADT already on it.

For me, i was able to pick up a cable + null-modem adapter at RadioShack for connecting my PC to the IIe. Not sure if that is possible with the IIc. Everything I read has people making a cable. But, it may be available from RS, so I would ask them first.

Let me know if you need any help.

--Raz.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Wed May 24, 2006 7:32 pm

:arrow: :arrow: guys dont quit i love ya pod cast but guys ditch the ps3 and nitendo aka ( i gotta Wii) they all suck xbox is the way to go
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sat May 27, 2006 1:51 pm

Here is another solution for transfering to Apple II's. In fact, this particular solution is demo'd w/ a IIc.

http://brendan.robert.googlepages.com/applegameserver

--Raz.