Romero interviewed on Gamespot.com

Forum to discuss all things related to PC gaming
dantebk

Romero interviewed on Gamespot.com

Post by dantebk » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:03 pm

FYI

I thought this crowd might be interested after the Id-centric Retro Respect from a few podcasts ago. John Romero is interviewed by Gamespot.com on their Designer Threads podcast. It's pretty interesting, he doesn't sound like the egocentric a-hole everyone thought he was back in the Daikatana days.

-DBK

raz0red
Site Admin

Re: Romero interviewed on Gamespot.com

Post by raz0red » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:52 am

dantebk wrote:FYI

I thought this crowd might be interested after the Id-centric Retro Respect from a few podcasts ago. John Romero is interviewed by Gamespot.com on their Designer Threads podcast. It's pretty interesting, he doesn't sound like the egocentric a-hole everyone thought he was back in the Daikatana days.

-DBK
Nice, I have to check it out. Yeah, it seems like the whole Daikatana thing sort of evened out his arrogance. With the success Id was having back in its glory days, it would have been hard not to be a little arrogant. As we mentioned in the podcast, it seemed Carmack was also a bit arrogant.

--Raz.

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:36 pm

Yeah Daikatana really sucked. That's all you can really say about that.

Lantern Jaw

Doom

Post by Lantern Jaw » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:49 am

I never played past the first level of Daikatana, I still have the game lying around somewhere...Has anyone else on here been dabling in Doom recently? New source ports that allow you to look up and down, online team games, Doom with Open GL technology, extra gore, Hi-Res textures and cool lighting effects?

It's like the thing never went away. :D
Welcome to your doom!

raz0red
Site Admin

Re: Doom

Post by raz0red » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:19 am

Lantern Jaw wrote:I never played past the first level of Daikatana, I still have the game lying around somewhere...Has anyone else on here been dabling in Doom recently? New source ports that allow you to look up and down, online team games, Doom with Open GL technology, extra gore, Hi-Res textures and cool lighting effects?

It's like the thing never went away. :D
Very cool, the new ports looks awesome, I am definitely going to check them out.

On a related note, I just tried out Quake Live. Wow, very impressive.

--Raz.

Lantern Jaw

Post by Lantern Jaw » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:00 pm

I reccomend Skulltag, the multiplayer especially the new "invasion" mode is just extreme. There were about 20 of us up against some of the most evil S**t I ever saw. I use a hi-res texture "wad" for single player mode which is really nice too but I can't remember from where I got it.

Not sure what Quake Live is. I will have to check it out, though I only have the old shareware CD Rom.
Welcome to your doom!