Twitch Asylum
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Sony Blu-Ray Player Gets Delayed
Post Sony Blu-Ray Player Gets Delayed 
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151389

Quote:

Sony's own Blu-Ray player has been delayed (via sneaky date changes to it's product page), Gizmodo reports.

The $999.95 next-gen DVD player will be beaten to market by Samsung's Blu-Ray player -- which is expected at the end of June. However, what people will wonder is how will (if at all) this Blu-Ray delay affect the PlayStation 3? We contacted Sony to inquire about the apparent delay to their Blu-Ray player and how it will (or won't) affect the PS3. We'll update the story if they get back to us.

Can somebody please tell me why I would pay $999.99 for the Sony Blu-Ray player instead of buying the PS3? Man, there must be some great features in there for $400?!? It just doesn't make sense...

--Raz.

Well if it came out before the PS3 the kind of early adaptor people that would buy it would probably think it's worth the extra money to get it a few months early.

Maybe Sony is pricing it high to make the PS3 look like a deal.

Also I am guessing the division of sony that sells the stand alone players isn't used to losing money on hardware like the console division is.

blue ray is going no were in my opinion people are more familiar with hd tv so i think hd dvds are gonna win out they just sound simpler to the public and thats it

i dont think blue ray will get far with the movies

When have Sonys own media ever made it? It never has and it never will. HD DVD > BLUE RAY.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1