Saints Row Review

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
iamsjn

Saints Row Review

Post by iamsjn » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:32 am

Okay...
So I downloaded the Saint's Row demo. Impressions?

Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto better kick it into high gear! This game takes that genre to the next level! Out of the gate, I was impressed with the intro of the game and the way you can customize your character. Everything from hair color to obese & muscular body styles is covered. Soon the character you just created is walking down the streets of Stilwater and about to get into some really bad situations.

While wandering around I found a shop where you can customize your vehicles (need full version for that) and also changed my entire wardrobe (right down to choosing boxers or briefs and their color!!) The demo has a superb car chase sequence that completely blew me away. Just remember to always keep that glock loaded and visit the Forgive & Forget often to keep that noteriety in check!

Oh, this definately isn't a game for the rugrats!!! While I don't mind harsh language, the F-bomb as every other word in a sentence is a bit much. I guess the developers are trying to get 'gang life' down to a T. All in all I had a good time causing mayhem around Stilwater!

What were your thoughts?

SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

raz0red
Site Admin

Re: Saints Row Review

Post by raz0red » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:04 am

iamsjn wrote:Oh, this definately isn't a game for the rugrats!!! While I don't mind harsh language, the F-bomb as every other word in a sentence is a bit much. I guess the developers are trying to get 'gang life' down to a T. All in all I had a good time causing mayhem around Stilwater!

What were your thoughts?
My impressions are pretty much spot on with yours. I am not sure why they had to have such explicit language, it seemed a bit overkill to me. Overall, I thought the game itself was solid (the graphics are way better than GTA). There were a few times where I saw the frame rate drop pretty low, but I am hoping that is fixed in the release of the game. Probably the most interesting part of this game will be the online play. That is something we have never seen with GTA (except with the PSP version).

Like GTA, it will be interesting to see how large the world is. It seemed promising from the demo, but that is one area where GTA is very strong.

One thing that is nice about this game is that it seems to have a good balance of single and multiplayer achievements (unlike PDZ....).

http://xbox360achievements.org/content/view/299

--Raz.