Twitch Asylum Video Game Radio Episode #12

Forum containing news postings

Moderator: Admin group

raz0red
Site Admin

Twitch Asylum Video Game Radio Episode #12

Post by raz0red » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:52 pm

After an extended delay (we sincerely apologize), our twelfth podcast is now available! Download it here.

In this month's "discussion" segment, we reflect back upon the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) that took place a couple of weeks ago in Bellevue, Washington. During the segment we talk about the games we played, the sessions we attended, the enormous crowds, and that almost everyone in attendance brought along a Nintendo DS.

During our "Retro Respect" segment, we take a look back at the history of the Ultima series of role playing games, Origin Systems, Inc. (the company), and Richard Garriott (designer/programmer). During the segment we discuss how Richard Garriott published his first game while working at a computer store, the various titles that comprised the glory days of the Ultima series, and the demise of Origin as it is swallowed by Electronic Arts.

Our "Gaming Moments" this episode include Saint's Row (360), Test Drive: Unlimited (360), 99 Nights (360), Dead Rising (360), Chromehounds (360), Guitar Hero (PS2), and the New Super Mario Bros. (DS).
Last edited by raz0red on Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:49 am, edited 6 times in total.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:10 am

no prob just make sure we get our

"twitch fix"
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:24 am

No prob.
I'll just be over here getting my Saint's Row fix in. If you haven't tried this game out yet. DO IT. Holler at me when your ready to Twitch!

SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:55 am

iamsjn wrote:No prob.
I'll just be over here getting my Saint's Row fix in. If you haven't tried this game out yet. DO IT. Holler at me when your ready to Twitch!

SjN
I am going to try to pick this one up today on the way home. Be prepared to get owned at multiplayer. :D How is Dead Rising going for you? I have to return my copy to the rental store today, but really like this game. I will purchase it tonight as well. It is really the first game since Condemned that has kept me constantly entertained on the 360.

--Raz.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:32 pm

another reason to be depresed about not havin a 360 its my b day on september 26 which is realy soon so u never know i might get a 360 on my b day
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:32 pm

raz0red wrote:
iamsjn wrote:No prob.

SjN
I am going to try to pick this one up today on the way home. Be prepared to get owned at multiplayer. :D How is Dead Rising going for you? I have to return my copy to the rental store today, but really like this game. I will purchase it tonight as well. It is really the first game since Condemned that has kept me constantly entertained on the 360.

--Raz.
Really hope you score Saint's Row. The game is just flat out amazing. I tried multiplayer yesterday but I guess the game was just too new. There wasn't anyone around to game with. I'll most likely be gang-bangin tonight on multiplayer. We'll see what happens.

About Dead Rising... That game has fallen into what I like to call my "Brady Bunch" category. No matter how many times you see an old episode of the Brady Bunch, you always manage to stop the channel surfing when the show pops up. Same for DR. When none of my other games tickle my fancy, there's ALWAYS Dead Rising!! The game just doesn't get old! A shower nozzel afixed to a zombie's skull makes for a GREAT time!! Zombies rule.

Yep, Dead Rising is probably my favorite game right now. (also loving Just Cause!) Thanks for the recommendation on that game. Stuck 5 bucks down on that game over at EB...

Back to work...
-SjN

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:30 am

iamsjn wrote: Really hope you score Saint's Row. The game is just flat out amazing. I tried multiplayer yesterday but I guess the game was just too new. There wasn't anyone around to game with. I'll most likely be gang-bangin tonight on multiplayer. We'll see what happens.

About Dead Rising... That game has fallen into what I like to call my "Brady Bunch" category. No matter how many times you see an old episode of the Brady Bunch, you always manage to stop the channel surfing when the show pops up. Same for DR. When none of my other games tickle my fancy, there's ALWAYS Dead Rising!! The game just doesn't get old! A shower nozzel afixed to a zombie's skull makes for a GREAT time!! Zombies rule.

Yep, Dead Rising is probably my favorite game right now. (also loving Just Cause!) Thanks for the recommendation on that game. Stuck 5 bucks down on that game over at EB...

Back to work...
-SjN
Picked up Saint's Row last night. I haven't had time to play the single player at all, but I did get in few multiplayer matches, and it was great. It was a definite change from the Halo and military-based multiplayer games. The only issue I had was getting into each match, there was a definite wait. I also haven't checked out how much flexibility there is on setting up a multiplayer match. I am hoping you can do kills instead of the time count down (which is what all the matches I played used).

Anyway, I will be on there late tonight. Just message me if you see me online and we can give it a shot (no pun intended). If not tonight, I will be on it most of the weekend. We might want to set up a thread and see if anyone else wants to join in on a multiplayer match at a specific time/day.

--Raz.

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:33 pm

I'm all for jumping on a multiplayer game with the rest of the Asylum!
I have more fun just exploring than actually doing the missions.

LimitZer0

Post by LimitZer0 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:30 pm

I keep playing the Demo because everyone loves this game, but I just can't get into it. It all seems so cheesy to me. While some aspects of the game are cool, bad voice acting and what seems to be a lame story killed it for me.

Anyway, how about some poker? :wink:

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:41 pm

how do u play poker?
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:12 pm

omg i got back from my dads house but what? no podcast? :( i want my twitch fix now!!!!!!! :x
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:47 am

Sorry about the lack of an update. I wasn't able to reach Tom since he was on vacation to confirm a time for the next podcast. I believe he arrives back today. I was hoping to get something done this week, but I think to be safe, I will say the next podcast will be available on 9/13. Again, I am really sorry for the delay, and this should be the end of all the summer vactions, etc.

--Raz.

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:24 pm

Looks like we are ready to record the next episode tomorrow.

Tom

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:26 am

AWESOME!!
Looking forward to getting my Twitch fix!

May The Force Be With You....

--SjN

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:55 pm

i cant wait tilll i get to star on twitch asylum its gonna be so sweet :D
Last edited by The Brass on Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OL' DIRTY BASTARD