Twitch Asylum
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Geometry Wars
Post Geometry Wars 
Ok, so I figured I would start a thread about Geometry Wars since it is my favorite Xbox 360 game.

Oh, who am I kidding... I just want to let everyone know I finally broke a million.

Sadly, I started searching around and it sounds like a mill is pretty small beans. I am currently around #3000 on the leader board. Lots of people seem to get around 5 million. Sigh... that's a long way to go.

--Raz.

Heh, I am now up to 1.1 million. But, I have decided to take a bit of a break. I find if I play it too much consecutively I start to get frustrated... Evil or Very Mad

But, this weekend... watch out... looking for 1.5 mill....

--Raz.

Video of someone getting 2.1 million on Geometry wars. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4329670338233765106

I was able to get 1.39 million today... Will I hit 2 mill by the next show? If I don't, it won't be from lack of trying...

Back to Geometry Wars...

--Raz.

i cant get over 100,000 before all hell breaks loose on the screen

Around 100,000 is when things start to get hectic. Believe it or not, it gets much worse after around a quarter million Smile. You have to sort of take in the whole screen at once with your peripheral vision. Sometimes I even momentarily lose track of which ship is me, but somehow I keep going. And things are happening so fast that there isn't time to formulate a plan, so playing has to be by instinct at that point. Try to destroy the black holes right away, and try to clear a path with your shots and then fly into it to get some breathing room. But it is a really fun game. The funniest thing is to be voice-chatting with Chris while he is playing it.

Hey, just listened to the podcast and thanks for the mention! I was so stoked when I scored a million. Problem was nobody was around to see me do it. However, getting a mention for breaking a million made it all better.
Very Happy

Better watch that leaderboard Raz...I am on the hunt for 2 million now.

I know, you are going to catch me soon... I have been able to crack a mill a couple times, but I can't get anywhere near 2 mill. I may have lost my touch... sigh. To me that game is as much mental (being able to deal w/ consecutive deaths, etc.) as it is twitch reflexes.

--Raz.

Yeah, I can't seem to get there anymore myself. In fact, one game I survived 500k, had 9 lives, and still didn't hit 1 million. Seems like once I start crashing into stuff I die at least 2 - 3 times in a row. There is definatly a mental aspect to it too. Getting taken out by some silly diamond when you have a 7x multiplier is really a downer.

Once you die and lose the multiplier, it is hard to get back into the groove.

I haven't played Geo wars in a long time. I hear you guys talk about it and it makes me want to play it.

Jump in R3V3N4N7, we need someone to challenge teal!

I am just starting to get back into it as well. I have had a couple of 1.2 mill scores recently. So, I feel I am starting to get back on track.

--Raz.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next