Twitch Asylum
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Wii = $250 in U.S.
Post Wii = $250 in U.S. 
Gamespot has officially said that at TGS, nintendo has announce that the wii will be priced at 250$ in the U.S. they also announce the launch release titles and virtual console titles as well. Im not sure about pricing on those though

A couple of good places to get the details.

Joystiq has a nice run down:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/14/critiquing-nintendos-wii-launch-details/

You can view the entire press conference at GameSpot.

http://www.gamespot.com/events/wiilaunch/live.html

I think $60 for an extra controller (including the Nunchuck) is a bit expensive. Especially considering that you only get one controller with the system. The launch title, Wii Sports, begs for a second controller. So, really, you will spend at least $310, plus you will need a memory card (moves the total to $330)... Don't get me wrong, I am still getting one, but it isn't really, "cheap".

--Raz.

Dang, that kinda sucks. Still going to get one. Probably not at lauch but still going to buy the Wii.

I plan on sitting in front of a store at midnight to get gone. I am not a Nintendo fan boy, but I have loved this whole concept since the day I heard of it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
I'm going to hold out on getting the system 'til Super Smash Bros. Brawl is released. Maybe by then it'll have gone down a dollar or two, or I'll be able to find some deals with used systems or on eBay.

I understand the big selling point that it's MUCH cheaper than a 360 or PS3, but it doesn't mean I can afford it. Confused

I will probably get one eventually, but I'm not planning on getting it at launch.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1