Microsoft's TGS Press Conference

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
raz0red
Site Admin

Microsoft's TGS Press Conference

Post by raz0red » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:03 am

Gamespot has posted a blog of Microsoft's Press Conference at TGS.

http://www.gamespot.com/events/tgs2006/ ... t;action;2

Some of the highlights included.
[Microsoft] unveiled Japanese release plans for a number of its peripherals, including the HD-DVD add-on, which will retail for about $177 in Japan when it is released on November 22.
I wonder when this is going to be released in the U.S.? Probably around November 22 is my guess. If it is retailing for $177 in Japan, I am guessing it will be around $150 in the states? Any more and I think it would be too expensive.
Everyone loves Xbox Live Arcade, and here's a demo reel of what's coming soon. Any new surprises in store? Among the games not yet out: Defender, Gyruss, Contra, Lumines, Dig Dug, and Fatal Fury Special.

Whoa, here come new additions to the service, including the Japan-exclusive Yie Ar Kung Fu, along with Rush 'n Attack, Ms. Pac-Man, and New Rally X. Yie Ar exclusive to Japan?! What about us poor Western gamers?
One word, Defender.
We're seeing a new trailer for Lost Planet. Let's just say there's a lot more to this one than the snowy action levels we've seen previously. The game will be out in Japan on December 22, for 8,379 yen ($71).
Why $71? Wonder when it will be released in the U.S. This is one game I am really excited for.
Next, Mistwalker's Hironobu Sakaguchi takes the stage with an update on Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, Microsoft's two flagship RPGs for the 360. Blue Dragon will be out on December 7 in Japan, and Sakaguchi is now starting up the Lost Odyssey demo, marking the first time gameplay from this anticipated title has been shown.
Japanese style RPGs for a Microsoft console? I thought I would never see the day.

--Raz.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:53 pm

even though i am a xbox fan boy i am sane enough to know microsoft will never win over japan
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:20 pm

I've been wondering what the advantage is in having an Xbox 360 HD-DVD player vs. a standalone player, especially with no HDMI out on the 360.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:58 pm

PristineSteam wrote:I've been wondering what the advantage is in having an Xbox 360 HD-DVD player vs. a standalone player, especially with no HDMI out on the 360.
The price. It is way cheaper than buying a standalone at this point.

--Raz.