Twitch Asylum
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Wii compatible with Gamecube controllers
Post Wii compatible with Gamecube controllers 
On the last podcast we were discussing whether or not Gamecube controllers would be compatible with the Wii. I mentioned hearing early on (when it was still the Revolution, a much better name) that you might be able to use Gamecube controllers. Apparently, that has been confirmed by Nintendo.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo/wii-can-use-our-wavebirds-204126.php

Quote:

Nintendojo managed to get confirmation from Nintendo that, indeed, Gamecube and Wavebird controllers are fully compatible with Gamecube games played on the Wii. In fact, they can be used with select Wii games, even. The Wavebird receiver fits into the top of the Wii.

Will you be able to use your GC controllers for Virtual Console games? Still unknown at this point, although it's hard to imagine a reason why you couldn't.

I sure hope they allow those controllers to work on the Virtual Console games. Really, there is no reason why they shouldn't, unless Nintendo wants to squeeze more money from gamers and make them purchase the "retro" controllers for the Wii.

--Raz.

if you think about it the wII in itself is a periferal

Why is the Nintendo Wii not available everywhere and is saying out of stock? I am buying a Nintendo Wii for my birthday, There is a problem. I am not finding it in any store. Everywhere, it says out of stock. Nintendo has to make more because the wiis get sold out 10 minutes after the store opens. This is ridiculous.

Last edited by avirata on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Why is the Nintendo Wii not available everywhere and is saying out of stock? I am buying a Nintendo Wii for my birthday, There is a problem. I am not finding it in any store. Everywhere, it says out of stock. Nintendo has to make more because the wiis get sold out 10 minutes after the store opens. This is ridiculous.

Not sure about local stores, but Amazon currently has them in stock:

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Nintendo/dp/B0009VXBAQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1245304441&sr=8-1

Good luck!

--Raz.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1