Splinter Cell Double Agent

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
Achilles

Splinter Cell Double Agent

Post by Achilles » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:51 pm

I got this for the original XboX, as I am still without a 360, and it is great. I loved all the previous games, played them through many many times each and this doesn't dissapoint in the least. It feels a lot like Chaos Theory, which is good I think. They added enough gadgets and upgrades to really make it feel like a new game though and not just a sequel to CT. I was going to write a review on it here, but I can't stop playing enough to write anything.

Get it if you don't have it!

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:18 am

I haven't tried it yet on the 360, but as soon as I get a chance I am thinking about picking it up. Although there are a ton of new games coming out for the 360 that I am excited about in the next couple of weeks that might take priority.

Gears of War
Call of Duty 3
Rainbow Six: Vegas

I recently played the Rainbow:Six Vegas demo, and I have to say I was blown away. If anyone here hasn't tried it yet, give it a shot, it is amazing. Based on the demo, it has moved to the top of my list. Also, to play the demo, you need to get on the European or Japanese versions of the Xbox live marketplace. If you don't know how to do this, just ask, and I will let you know how to. The other option is to get the latest OXM, but in my opinion that is a rip off.

--Raz.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:17 pm

yo metal man i need to add u or u add me because i rented it for xbox, :lol:
Last edited by The Brass on Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:06 pm

I don't want to sound mean, but I don't play online gaming for the exact reasons you just pointed out. I can't stand people who talk trash, cannot use correct grammar and basically annoy the crap out of me. Next time I am on I will try to add you, but don't expect us to be playing, sorry.

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:50 pm

I just got it for my 360 and I love it. I'm playing it on normal and I have to say that it is a challenging game. I haven't played any multi player do to the fact that I keep forgetting to call the cable people to put in the internet. (I'm currently on the next door neighbors network.) I hear that it is fun though.

teal

At least the subtitle makes sense this time around

Post by teal » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:42 am

Apparently, the original xbox and the 360 version of SC are quite different (sorry can't say I know much more than that the xbox version has you working with a partner more). I'm playing the 360 version right now, a fair way through it. I'm fairly impressed with the single player game.

The first SC was great because it was new. I thought Pandora Tomorrow's single player game was pretty boring, but the multiplayer had me hooked for a really long time. Chaos Theory flipped things; the single player was outstanding (graphically, the levels were breathtaking and the overall gameplay was of the same caliber) but i couldn't get into the multiplayer because it was even more complicated than pandora tomorrow.

The detail in Double Agent's levels has really floored me and I've been pretty well sucked into the game. I haven't gotten around to the multiplayer modes in Double Agent yet. I hear it's been dumbed down quite a bit from Chaos Theory, too much so. I'm hoping it still captures the tension and need for team work that Pandora Tomorrow had. I played that game religiously with my brother as my partner (who lives in Portland btw).

Anyway, I just got finished with the Cruise Ship and I'm slightly stuck on a Rubik's Cube type minigame/puzzle. I can't say that it's worth a buy until I try out the multiplayer, but it's definitely worth a slot on your gamefly list.

-t.
Visit the Working Gamer Podcast
Gaming News and Commentary for Real People

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:23 am

Unfortunately from what I have seen and read the xbox version is much better than the 360 version. They are developed by different houses within Ubisoft. The story is supposed to be more indepth and developed in the xbox version, with more cut scenes and explanation of the story, while the 360 version has an extra level and looks much nicer.

As for multi player, the xbox version has it all. The 360 version has a co-op but it is only a deathmatch style player vs. bot kind of thing. The xbox version has a full, 15 level, co-op game with continuous story line. I am glad I got the xbox version, though it doesn't look at good, it has turned out to be a much better game for my money and with such a large amount of co-op and indepth single player the replay factor seems to be much higher.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:16 am

:cry: i can use correct grammer..... I just dont take the time to correct my typing when im posting

but maybe your right about ppl trash talking, but I cant help myself I just have to yell out those words or go up and down over some ones head when i kill them. To me its just how i do

:roll:
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:43 pm

I just finished it today. Still no live in the house yet : ( Maybe tomorrow.

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:20 pm

I might rent this one just to check out. For some reason, I've never really gotten into the whole SC thing. I guess it's because of the whole stealthy nature of the game. If I have all of these cool guns and toys, I WANT TO USE THEM!!

I might be a bit hastey on jusging this title so I'll give it a shot.

--SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:00 pm

Anyone up for some multi player sometime? If yes then you know where to find me.