Twitch Asylum Video Game Radio Episode #14

Forum containing news postings

Moderator: Admin group

raz0red
Site Admin

Twitch Asylum Video Game Radio Episode #14

Post by raz0red » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:16 am

Our fourteenth podcast is now available! Download it here.

In this month's "discussion" segment, we discuss the limited life-span of recent console generations. While many early consoles still work great today, it appears that a large percentage of the latest console versions are dying at an early age due to disk-related issues, overheating, etc.

Our "Retro Respect" segment this time focuses on the game company Epyx. During the segment we discuss their transformation from a company that was purely focused on strategy and dungeon crawlers to a company that is primarily known for their stellar action games.

Our "News" items this time include an EA executive stating that Gears of War has zero innovation, pre-order glitches at Best Buy, the PSP being used for bomb assembly, the 10 worst games of all time, and much more.

Our "Gaming Moments" this episode include Gears of War (360), F.E.A.R. (360), Rainbow Six: Vegas (360), Bully (PS2), Okami (PS2), and Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony (PSP).
Last edited by raz0red on Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:56 am

Downloading now. Listening to it as soon as I can.

Thanks again guys!

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:36 pm

just wated to let u guys know befor i listen to the podcast. the delays were killing me man i had to wait 2 seconds befor u guys responded to what i just said also. I couldent jump in to say something becuase i was afraid one of u would start talking and i would cut u off. So yea thats why i didnt talk alot

but yea it was definitaly fun to work with the twitch crew

ohh cool i was just listening and i just found out there is a EA montreal cool. That means there are two diffrent game companies i have the option to work for when i grow up

ubisoft montreal

or EA

oh and yea i hope u guys like my smooth easy going voice. And i hope you like the podcast in general
Last edited by The Brass on Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:07 pm

Wow, I remember Shaq Fu. It was bad real bad. Definitely one of the worse games of all time or at least on of the worse fighting games.

msaeger

Post by msaeger » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:43 pm

I don't know how anyone can come up with those lists. There are so many good and bad games. They didn't have Bubsy 3D on there either. I would rather play 2600 pac man over Bubsy 3D any day. They should make failed to meet expectations lists instead :)
Wii Wii Wii

Matt

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:49 am

WHOA....
I can't believe you guys did a segment on Epyx!! I can't WAIT to listen to it! Right now, it's 4:49AM and I'm sitting here in NYC getting ready to head to JFK to catch a plane home. With any luck, I'll be downloading tonight and getting my Twitch-Fix by 2:00 this afternoon!

You always know it's going to be a GREAT day when that Twitch Asylum Homepage changes with a new episode.

Damn this is gonna be a long flight...

See you all tonight,
SjN
Last edited by iamsjn on Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

Horprodukt

Post by Horprodukt » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:09 am

Listening to the show now. It's great. Good stuff.

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:56 pm

Listening now...
Regarding those failing 360's and the soldering points. I think what could be happening is the fact that electronics manufacturers are required by law to now use "lead free solder" on all boards. You literally can not sell your hardware in Europe if you use lead based solder.

Tin is currently being used and it doesn't have the tolerance and flux that lead based solder has which results in cracking of the points. Again this is just theory but does hold some merit.

Lovin' the podcast so far!
--SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

carlaxx

Post by carlaxx » Wed May 13, 2009 3:08 am

Why don't video game companies and movie studios accept ideas from the public? I have many great ideas for a video game or movie, but no companies accept suggestions from the public because its "unsolicited material". Many people have great ideas for things like this that would otherwised never have been thought of, so why can't companies legally accept these suggestions?

gamesbuzz

Nice Gift..

Post by gamesbuzz » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Downloading Now... It's Great Stuff