My Wii experience

Forum to discuss the Nintendo family of consoles
R3V3N4N7

My Wii experience

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:23 am

This past weekend I went to a buddies house and got to play his Wii. He had Wii Sports, Twilight Princess, and Red Steel. Bowling and boxing in Wii Sports wasn't all that great but the other games were awesome. Zelda is amazing as always. The whole Midna thing interested me until I pushed up on the d-pad and found out it's just like the Fairy in Ocarina of Time. Which isn't bad but I thought it was going to be completly diferent. THe final game, Red Steel shouldn't even exist. It's such a piece of trash that I put it in and took it right back out after just a few minutes. We're talking less then ten minutes here. Well the Wii is cool and all I just don't know if it is going to have the games that interest me. Also with playing online such a big part of my gaming time I don't know if it is capable of being more then a gimmick.

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:59 am

I agree with Red Steel, it's not great, it's a gimmicky game that was made too quickly and with no little thought other than to show of the Wiimote. As for Wii Sports how can you not love those? They are a blast, even if it is just for mindless fun for a few hours, but I guess not everyone is into that. At least you tried it and gave it a shot.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:11 am

I agree that the Wii right now isn't for everyone. For me, it is the perfect addition to the Xbox 360 which is where I go for my hardcore gaming experiences. The Wii however, provides that change of pace. So far, I have really only played Zelda on it. When friends come over, etc. then I play Wii Sports. For me, it is all about variety, and the fact that I will be able to play Super Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros., etc. makes the Wii worth it because I know I won't be able to get those experiences on any other console.

--Raz.

dantebk

Post by dantebk » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:52 am

Looking ahead there are a lot of action and horror games coming out in 07.

Metroid Prime, Resident Evil, Sadness, Project HAMMER, No More Heroes, and so on

Maybe you would like those? I'm a big Nintendo supporter. I want everyone to enjoy Nintendo.