Itunes help please

Use this forum to post anything that is not video game related.
Horprodukt

Itunes help please

Post by Horprodukt » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:46 am

I just installed the latest version of Itunes on my Mac, but can't seem to get a similar layout to the old version where you had 2 main sections. In the old version the top would be Artist, then Album, with the songs listed below. If you highlited an artist for example it would only show their songs making it very easy to find what you want. In Itunes 7 it seems that it is just one long list of everything.

Does anyone know if there's an option anywhere to change the layout closer to the older version?

(The 3 view buttons at the top of the new itunes are crap as they only give you the option of showing album artwork)

Here's a pic to compare old vs new:

teal

Post by teal » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:43 am

Try the view buttons directly to the left of the search field in iTunes 7. I don't think you can get to the exact format of older versions, but it should make browsing easier.

-t.
Visit the Working Gamer Podcast
Gaming News and Commentary for Real People

Horprodukt

Post by Horprodukt » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:58 am

teal wrote:Try the view buttons directly to the left of the search field in iTunes 7. I don't think you can get to the exact format of older versions, but it should make browsing easier.

-t.
Thanks.

Yeah, i tried those initially, but they just toggle artwork/album cover displays........ however i found out how to make it just like the older version - In iTunes, hit Command+B (toggles the browser visibility). That's it..

Also, if it shows a 'Genre' column, you can hide this in the preferences under the General category "Show Genre when browsing"

Why it's not like this by default i don't know.

It does have all the info in fact in the Itunes Help/Keyboard Shortcuts section.... for example:

Edit menu shortcuts

Hide or Show the Artist and Album columns

Command-B

Hide or Show the song artwork

Command-G

Open the View Options window for the selected source

Command-J

etc

etc

etc