Twitch Asylum
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Virtual Console - Sub-Par Emulation
Post Virtual Console - Sub-Par Emulation 
I purchased Mario 64, Super Mario Bros., and Zelda on the VC. The emulation for the NES games does not seem to be very good. In Zelda, the game slows down a lot when there are a lot of enemies on the screen. In Mario and Zelda there are some graphical issues... Sometimes moving objects become transparent when moving in front of a stationary object. I have had both skip frames once in a while.

Mario 64 seems to be flawless.

If Nintendo is going to make us pay for games that many of us have already paid for a few times, you would think they could emulate it properly.

Very strange, I have bought all the games you have and a few more. I have never noticed a slow down or graphics issues or anything of the sorts on my system. They look and play exactly as they should for me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Interesting... Are you running in 480P? Widescreen?

Just a standard def 480p TV, nothing special. I played it on my HDTV, 1080i, for a little while, I didn't notice anything wrong with that. But I didn't play long.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
I have only played some of the TurboGrafx games so far, and they seem fine. I am going to pick up Zelda: Link to the Past. If I see any hickups I will be sure to post them.

--Raz.

I've never had any issue with any of my VC downloads: Sin&Punishment, PaperMario, Solomon's Key, Donkey Kong, Alien Crush, Castlevania IV.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

and I forget the prices on Solomon's Key, Donkey Kong, Alien Crush, Castlevania IV
because I dl'd them ages ago.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1