Twitch Asylum
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
New Xbox 360?
Post New Xbox 360? 
Gameinformer is stating that several retailers have a new 360 model in their system that includes a 120gb hard drive and the HDMI port.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200702/N07.0216.1234.57890.htm

Quote:

Retailers have confirmed that the new SKU is in their systems, set for a May 1 release for $479.99. In addition to the new video interface, the system would also pack a 120 GB hard drive into its nifty black exterior.

A black 360? That would be pretty cool... I wonder if the new 360 is going to have as many issues as the current model?

--Raz.

I just got my 360, now I need to drop another $500 for HDMI and a bigger HD? That kind of sucks.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yeah, it does suck... But, like with all hardware, the early adopters pay the price.

Just look at Nintendo. How many GBA variants are there? Now I am hearing there is going to be a 3rd DS variant... argh.

I don't really think you will *need* to upgrade to the new 360. It would be nice to have a larger hard drive, but to be honest, the stuff that fills my drive is demos that I never play. I guess if I started to download a lot of movies or television shows I might care. But, I really don't do that either. As far as the HDMI cable goes, while that would be nice, it looks pretty good now via component cables. In fact, when I had my PS3 w/ HDMI, I couldn't really tell the difference in image quality.

I am fairly certain the next console I am going to get would be a PS3 (again). For some reason seeing the new video clips of Virtua Fighter 5 and Motor Storm has left me wanting one...

--Raz.

On the heels of the new 360 comes a rumor of a 360 price cut. I am guessing this would hit just in time for the new model to show up. So, you would have the core/premium at a cheaper price, while the new system would sell for a bit above the current premium price.

I would really like to see the core system at $199 and the premium at $299...

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/17/microsoft-strongly-considering-xbox-360-price-drop/

Quote:

During a strategic update yesterday, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer commented on on the likelihood of a 360 price cut. "I think every console in the world has had a price decrease sometime in the first few years. I don't know whether we'll have a price decrease in the first few years, and I don't want to comment on that, but I will highlight for you that every console has had a price decrease in the first few years," he said.

--Raz.

All I really want for my 360 at the moment is a bigger hard drive. So If I could buy one without having to buy a new console I'll be happy.

Post Re: New Xbox 360? 
raz0red wrote:
Gameinformer is stating that several retailers have a new 360 model in their system that includes a 120gb hard drive and the HDMI port.

A black 360? That would be pretty cool... I wonder if the new 360 is going to have as many issues as the current model?

--Raz.

A new 360?........ I'm just about to join the 360 club in about 5 weeks as my Mrs is getting me one for my birthday. If there's a new model coming out maybe i should wait for that? I'd be pretty miffed if i got one and a new model came out days later!

wow ms screwd me over i just got a 360 those lily liver'd bastards

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1