Twitch Asylum Video Game Radio Episode #16

Forum containing news postings

Moderator: Admin group

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:04 pm

dantebk wrote:Sorry, I've been trying but I can't parse "TWiT" into anything I've ever heard of. What is that exactly?
TWiT = This Week in Tech
Your first podcast of the week is the last word in tech. Join Leo Laporte, Patrick Norton, John C. Dvorak, and other tech luminaries in a roundtable discussion of the latest trends in high tech. Winner of "People's Choice Podcast" and "Best Technology Podcast" in the 2005 People's Choice Podcast Awards. Released every Sunday at midnight Pacific.
It is a decent tech podcast. He sometimes gets some pretty high profile guests. Sometimes it contains a lot of incoherent rambling, but overall, a good podcast.

--Raz.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:05 am

PristineSteam wrote:
u call yourself a pinata tamer your not a real man till u can tame a chewnicorn
This is one of the funniest things I've seen in the forums. :D
yes i must admit i am pretty funny
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

ShadraX

Post by ShadraX » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:06 pm

raz0red wrote:Please post your impressions of "Defender of the Crown 2" to let us know what we are missing out on.

--Raz.
Defender of the Crown 2 arrived today, so I hooked-up the CD32 and played it tonight.

The goal of DOTC 2 is to raise £20,000 to free King Richard the Lionhearted. Other than that, the game play is pretty much the same as the original DOTC with a couple of new "features" added in (there's more resource management in DOTC 2) and with a slightly ramped-up difficulty level. Also, the skill levels of the characters have been changed (each character will have one average skill, one good skill, and one excellent skill). The graphics have been improved over the original, cutscenes have been added (theres a nice sequence showing the jousters charging towards each other during the joust event), and the audio has been greatly improved (there is a narrator, as well as "CD quality" music and sound effects).

I think a better title for DOTC 2 would have been Defender of the Crown - The Director's Cut. Anybody that enjoys the original DOTC will definitely have fun with this one, but it's basically DOTC with enhanced graphics and sound. Now I'm off to rescue a maiden and try to get closer to that £20,000 ransom. :wink:

ShadraX

Post by ShadraX » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:38 am

I made a 10 minute video of Defender of the Crown 2 and posted it on YouTube if anybody wants to take a look at it.

Defender of the Crown 2 for the CDTV and Amiga CD32
Last edited by ShadraX on Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:04 am

ShadraX wrote:I made a 10 minute video of Defender of the Crown 2 and posted it on YouTube if anybody wants to take a look at it.

Defender of the Crown 2 for the Amiga CD32
Awesome! The video quality looks great.

As far as the game goes, I definitely like the improved graphics and sound (especially the voice work). I also really like the improvements to the catapult scene. After seeing the video, I definitely need to pickup a CD32....

--Raz.