Twitch Asylum Video Game Radio Episode #6

Forum containing news postings

Moderator: Admin group

raz0red
Site Admin

Twitch Asylum Video Game Radio Episode #6

Post by raz0red » Mon May 22, 2006 5:47 am

Our sixth podcast is now available! Download it here.

After a long delay, we are back with a new episode. We sincerely thank all of our loyal listeners who stuck with us and we look forward producing many, many more episodes every two weeks.

In our "discussion" segment, we take a look back at E3. Was Sony really as bad as they appeared? Did they really want use to use the PSP as a rear view mirror? What games can we expect to see on the 360 over the next year? Did Nintendo's controller really perform as well as we were lead to believe?

During our "Retro Respect" segment, we take a look back at the Apple II computer. While not initially obvious, we discuss how many aspects of the Apple II's design were driven by video games. We also take a look at how many top game developers got their start programming on the Apple II. Finally we discuss our memories of the Apple II as well as discussing some of our favorite games.

Our "Gaming Moments" this episode include Lost Planet (360), Test Drive Unlimited (360), Tomb Raider Legend (360), 2006 FIFA World Cup (360), Beatmania (PS2), Gallop Racer (PS2), Tourist Trophy (PS2), Ikaruga (Dreamcast), Zombies ate my Neighbors (SNES), Starglider (Atari ST), and Defender of the Crown (Atari ST).

In our look at the news we discuss the fact that the 360 has been hacked, the fact that Sony believes gamers will buy the PS3 even if it doesn't have any games, Xbox Live hitting 24 million downloads, and the California Extreme classic video game show.
Last edited by raz0red on Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

raz0red
Site Admin

I am so LAME

Post by raz0red » Tue May 23, 2006 2:24 pm

There were definite audio problems with this podcast. It sounded way too metalic, etc. So, I went back and started messing w/ LAME (the MP3 encoder) and figured out what the best settings were for our podcast. The podcast file has been updated for episode 6, so if you re-download it, you should be able to tell. We will be using these setting from here forward. Sorry about the poor quality up until now.

--Raz.

msaeger

Post by msaeger » Thu May 25, 2006 9:36 pm

Great show once again.

The Apple II segment was really interesting. I never had one either just limited use of the IIGS at school.

I feel sorry for anyone that only had access to G4 for E3 coverage. I tivoed the first days show and it was unwatchable. I think Gamespot has the best coverage this year.

As for the PS3 being overpriced they might as well charge a fortune for it at the start. It will sell out no matter how much they charge and if they charge a reasonable price people will just be reselling them on Ebay anyway. I say charge 600 for the initial shipment then lower it.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Fri May 26, 2006 4:16 am

great show i cant say any thing about it

ITS just THAT GOOD!
OL' DIRTY BASTARD