After a long break, we are finally back with a new episode.
We forgo "the discussion" segment this month so we can devote more time to our "Gaming Moments" segment. The games discussed include Def Jam:Icon (360), Crackdown (360), Battlestations Midway (360), Rainbow Six Vegas (360), Tony Hawk's Project 8 (360), Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters (PSP), Under Defeat (Dreamcast), and many other retro computing and classic arcade titles. In addition, we discuss hacking retro computers to connect to BBSes via Telnet. What is a BBS? You have to listen to the segment to find out.
Our "Retro Respect" segment this time is a discussion of the excellent video game history book, "The Ultimate History of Video Games" by Steven L. Kent. During the segment we cover only a few of the numerous interesting topics in the book including: "a leather company that makes a video game console" and "an exercise that launches the video game craze in motion".
"News" items this time include the January NPD sales numbers, the Wii being the next Hula Hoop, AOL telling people not to buy PS3s, a new Xbox 360 model, and a potential Xbox 360 price drop.
- The Ultimate History of Video Games (Amazon)
- Telnet BBS at Petscii.com
- Crackdown (360)
- Def Jam: Icon (360)
- Battlestations Midway (360)
- Rainbow Six: Vegas (360)
- Tony Hawk's Project 8 (360)
- Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters (PSP)
- Under Defeat (Dreamcast)
- Offical NPD January '07
- Is the Wii another Hula Hoop?
- Surgical success linked to skill at video games
- Japanese student admits to murder for Arcade Money
- New Xbox 360 Model Rumor Resurfaces
- Microsoft strongly considering a Xbox 360 price drop?