Hola!, in this episode we start off by discussing the recent surge of in-game advertisements. We specifically focus on Fight Night Round 3 as well as a recent article that appeared in the Washington Post presenting some shocking figures regarding the future of in-game advertising.
Our "Gaming Moments" this episode include a look at Exit (PSP), Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (PSP), Fight Night Round 3 (360), Kameo (360), Rebelstar: Tactical Command (GBA), and Warlords (Atari 2600).
In our look at the news we discuss "X Quest", a hybrid reality show/massively multiplayer game, a video of Will Wright's "Spore", a Christian-themed game that is more violent than GTA, Rockstar's Table Tennis, the fact that Lionhead Studios is downsizing, and what starting game developers are getting paid.
During the "Retro Respect" segment we look back on the "Golden Age of Arcade Games", which we consider to be 1979-1984. We discuss the atmosphere, how those games differ from games today, and reflect on some of our fondest arcade memories.
- Advertisers Are Getting Into the Game
- The King Joins Fight Night Round 3
- Exit (PSP)
- Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (PSP)
- Fight Night Round 3 (360)
- Kameo: Elements of Power (360)
- Rebelstar: Tactical Command (GBA)
- Halo Creator on 'Quest' for Gamers, TV Viewers
- Spore Gameplay Video
- Values 'Left Behind' in new video game
- Revealed: Secret XBox 360 Game is a Table Tennis Game from Rockstar Games
- The Movies and Black and White 2 to close?
- What Does Top Entry-Level Talent Cost Nowadays?
- Golden Age of Arcade Games
- The Dot Eaters: Classic Video Game History