Battlefield 2142

Forum to discuss all things related to PC gaming
LimitZer0

Battlefield 2142

Post by LimitZer0 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:14 pm

Is anyone else having problems with Punkbuster and BF2142? I can't play on any server because Punkbuster keeps kicking me for no reason.

Since I have been unable to play Battlefield 2142, I decided to spend my time writing about EA.

http://limit0.com/articles/index.php?article=easucks

It does not flow very well but I was pissed and tired when I wrote it.

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:58 pm

So far I haven't had any issues with the game, other than it looks like a mod of BF2 and I still paid $50 for the damn thing. I have heard some people complain about a few things about it, the one to really strike me is the one claiming that when you install the game it also installs a way for them to track and send user information back to their own servers. It could simply be to track and make sure all copies are legit, but it really could do anything, track anything. Here are two good articles on it.

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattle ... id=1961964
http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?id=13049860

LimitZer0

Post by LimitZer0 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:39 am

There are a ton of people have problems with Punkbuster.

I finaly got a response:
We are aware of a problem where PunkBuster is kicking players without giving a reason as to why. We are currently working on the issue. However, we would like to get you playing in the quickest manner possible, so we are listing the actions that we have found to alleviate the vast majority of the issues.

We would like for you to check that you are logged into the game with administrator privileges, either by being logged into a computer account with administrative privilges or running the game using "Run As.." and using an account that has administrator privileges.

If you are sure that you are, please try the following instructions:

Download and run this file from any location, it will check for adware that stops you from being able to play on PB servers. The VX2 adware edits your user rights when it infects your computer, and many programs do not repair this when they remove it.

http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/VX2Finder(126).exe

Click the "Find VX2.betterinternet info" button to make sure that you don't have this adware. If there are no files listed, go on to the last step. If you find the adware files, (it is usually 3 random named dll files) Select all the files found.

Press 'Delete These Files'. The program will delete all files but one that will be deleted on reboot. Allow program to reboot. Once Restarted:

* Press 'Guardian.reg'.
* Press 'User Agent'.
* Press 'Restore Policy'.

Clicking on "find vx2.BetterInternet info" again should show all fields blank.
If you have no adware files, just click on the "Restore Policy" Button

We would also like for you to update your PB by using our PBSetup utility. You can find instructions on how to use this at http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

After updating your PB using PBSetup, try connecting to a PB-enabled server. If you are still being kicked, please respond to the ticket and we will work with you to try and resolve the issue. We appreciate your patience in this matter.
I am the administrator, I have no viruses, I updated PB... Still get kicked. It is really pissing me off! :twisted:

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:23 am

One question i realy want to know about battle field 2142 is it better then battle field 2 because it is very hard to improve on perfection without messing it up. And also do u guys think the BF2 fan boys will move over to this new type of setting
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:41 am

I haven't played it a whole bunch since I got it, I'm kind of discouraged by it, but I would say that no, it isn't any better than BF2. It's is a little different, but for the most part it is exactly the same game. I am sure the BF2 fan boys will move over, it's too much the same for them to complain that it is too different.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:30 pm

thats actualy a smart move, make the games the same so ppl cant complain and at the same time make money off of it
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

LimitZer0

Post by LimitZer0 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:29 pm

I have only played a little bit single player...

From what I have played, I like BF2/Spec Ops much better.

One of my friends was telling me that the vehicles are much better for multiple people. I personally loved the jets in BF2, I don't see anything like that in 2142...

I'll let you know how it is if I ever get to play online. :evil:

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:15 pm

cant wait since i got a supped up computer i am actualy able to play theys game so now i might be able to pick it up so tell me how it iz
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

LimitZer0

Post by LimitZer0 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:45 pm

Yay, it works now. After a few days, Punkbuster finally came out with an update so it would stop kicking people for no reason.

I can't stand the maps... =\