WoW Late Bloomer...

Forum to discuss all things related to PC gaming
iamsjn

WoW Late Bloomer...

Post by iamsjn » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:00 am

I'm almost ashamed to say this but-
I played World of Warcraft for the very first time on Saturday. My thoughts?

I am utterly SPEECHLESS!

I honestly don't know why I never got into the game in the first place. I was a huge D&D gamer "back in the day" and don't even get me started on Lord Of The Rings! I've always been a big fan of the RPG genre. But never picked up WoW. I think between the paid subscription thing and the amount of time I spend in the office had something to do with it. Now that I have it, have played it and read up on it, I'm amazed at the phenomenon that it has become. Other RPG game developers cower in fear at the mere mention of World of Warcraft.

Any Wow gamers out there? If so, what's your name. Would love to add ya to friends. I've got two characters:

FallenFang (Hoard) - Level 13 Orc Hunter
Server- Cenarion Circle

Aurendar (Alliance) - Level 11 Night Elf Hunter
Server - Blackwater Raiders

Hope to see some RPG'ers out there!
--SjN :wink:
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:57 am

Even since the start of the Warcraft series I have been a die-hard Blizzard fanboy. After they stopped making games for a few years, after Diablo II I moved away from Blizzard, and then WoW came out, I took one look and walked away. It didn't look like they Warcraft world I knew from the top down RTS games. It just wasn't how I wanted the world of Warcraft to be, so I never tried it. Instead I went to Star Wars Galaxies and have been happy with it. I have the WoW client installed on my machine and a free trial ready to go, I have just never given myself the chance to try it out. Maybe I finally should?

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:37 pm

I used to play WOW, up to level 54 (human mage). It is a very fun game especially at first. At higher levels I found it took too much time for me, and so I quit. Unlike single player games, you can't just stop and save at any time and resume where you left off later. But I admire the game design and what they have achieved.

Tom

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:50 am

sjn but you must remeber do not fall into the web that they want u in so called the antisocial wow web so u dont talk to 'no one and all u do is play wow becasue your so addicted. Make sure that dont hapen to you.
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:13 pm

uuuugggghhhhh...
Just checking in. Haven't been around for awhile as I've been buried in the WoW Universe. My Alliance character - Aurendar is now a level 39 hunter and working her way toward level 40 and her mount. I'm afraid you were right Brass. The game has totally sucked me in.

It like crack!

They give out the game for free (10 day trial) after that, your hooked. You almost have no choice but to buy the subscription. I sooooo love this game.

Any other WoW Heads out there?

--SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:16 am

YOU MUST RESIST THE CRACK
OL' DIRTY BASTARD