Cliffy B Update

Forum to discuss all things related to PC gaming
raz0red
Site Admin

Cliffy B Update

Post by raz0red » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:45 am

The MTV Multiplayer blog recently conducted an interview with Cliffy B.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/02/ ... or-update/

While for the most part there isn't anything of interest, he does make a statement about PC gaming that is sure to ignite more of the, "PC gaming is dead" discussions.
I think people would rather make a game that sells 4.5 million copies than a million and “Gears” is at 4.5 million right now on the 360. I think the PC is just in disarray… what’s driving the PC right now is ‘Sims’-type games and ‘WoW‘ and a lot of stuff that’s in a web-based interface. You just click on it and play it. That’s the direction PC is evolving into So for me, the PC is kind of the secondary part of what we’re doing. It’s important for us, but right now making AAA games on consoles is where we’re at.
After seeing the latest PC sales numbers it is hard to disagree with him.

--Raz.

Horprodukt

Post by Horprodukt » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:26 am

I gave up PC gaming around the time Medal of Honour Spearhead came out. I love the mouse and keyboard controls of PC games, but the constant updating of patches and having to upgrade the PC to make the most out of new releases got on my nerves. And then I'd bring some games home to discover they weren't compatible with my gaming card. Lots of hassle.

At least with console games i know i can play them straight out of the box with no tinkering around with settings and downloads, even if it does take a bit of getting used to playing FPS games with a control pad.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:18 pm

well i only upgraded my pc once and that was to play cs source and wc3 two games u cant get on consols. I personally belive that consols are the future there should be a machine for games and there should be a computer. Thats just my personal belif
OL' DIRTY BASTARD