Sometimes You Get Lucky

Forum to discuss all things related to retro computers. Commodore 64, Apple ][, Atari ST, Amiga, etc.
zodiacprime

Sometimes You Get Lucky

Post by zodiacprime » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:09 am

So I respond to a craigslisting yesterday for a free "Atari Monitor". Before I run over and grab it, the seller informs me she found a keyboard and some other stuff to go with it in a box... ok, great. I'm thinking a lone MEGA keyboard or sumsuch in a brown ratty box right. When I get there the seller is in a rush and we quickly make the exchange - they place the box in my trunk. I didn't get a good look at the box or the goodies inside. When I get home and open the trunk I immediately notice that the box is an Atari 1040ST box in ok shape (with styro still intact), the "keyboard" inside is actually a working (and pristine) Atari 1040STf. I tested everything and its in perfect working order. Both the monitor and computer had covers and best of all: an Atari mouse with original monster sized mousepad! There were also a few Atari spec'd cables. All-in-all a very nice go.
-zp

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:23 am

Nice score! I only have a 520ST and would really like to get a 1040ST some day....

Congrats!

--Raz.