OPM Editor Chooses 360

Forum to discuss the Playstation family of consoles
raz0red
Site Admin

OPM Editor Chooses 360

Post by raz0red » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:21 am

Dana Jongewaard, the OPM Editor has a blog entry that states why she is going to be buying a 360 this November. Reasons stated: ability to get a Wii + 360 for the price of a PS3. Not really caring about Blu-Ray, and the fact that there aren't going to be any must-have games for the PS3 at launch.

To be honest, nothing new here, but it is a bit suprising that the editor for a Playstation magazine would admit to getting a 360 instead of a PS3.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=734 ... Id=5380375
It's not that I find the concept of a $600 console insulting. Inflation happens, and it's natural that eventually inital prices will be higher than they used to be. But when I know that a console's direct competitors cost two-thirds or half of that price, it becomes harder for me to justify shelling out that kind of money--especially when I can probably get the Wii and the 360 combined for the cost of a PS3.

$600 might be worth it if there were several huge titles on the near horizon that were PS3-exclusive. But for the first year at least, there are very few big titles that are PS3 exclusive. GTA4 and Assassins will be available for the 360 at the same time. And most of the big guns--FFXIII, MGS4--won't be hitting for quite some time after the launch.
--Raz.

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:36 pm

I don't know when I'll pick up a PS3. Do you think she got any flak from anyone for what she said?