PS3 will not reach Europe until March

Forum to discuss the Playstation family of consoles
raz0red
Site Admin

PS3 will not reach Europe until March

Post by raz0red » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:58 am

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19492
In an official statement, Sony said the decision to revise the launch date was taken following "the delay in the mass production schedule of the blue laser diode within the Sony Group, thus affecting the timely procurement of key components to be utilised in PlayStation 3."

Consumers in Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Africa and Australasia will now have to wait until March to get their hands on a PS3. However, the console is still on track to launch in Japan on November 11 and in North America on November 17. Sony still plans to ship 6 million PS3 units globally before the end of the 2007 fiscal year.
Wow, so much for a worldwide launch. Europe is looking at the end of Q1 2007, that doesn't seem positive. Any guesses on how many units will ship to North America?

--Raz.

raz0red
Site Admin

Sony cuts PS3 shipments in half

Post by raz0red » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:02 am

Well, I guess I found the answer to my own question. :D

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19507
Sony is to ship only two million PlayStation 3 consoles to the US and Japan by the end of 2006, halving its original forecast.

According to Kutaragi’s statement, only 400,000 consoles will be available at day one in the US, with around 100,000 units for the Japanese launch.

However the reduction of the figure to two million units is in contrast to a Sony statement made last month suggesting the shipment figures would indeed reach four million by the end of the year.
Not good news for those hoping to have a PS3 in time for Christmas.

--Raz.

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:33 pm

Wow, Sony is really droping the ball on the PS3 launch. That's what they get for using Bluray. I don't even want to know what my local Best Buy is going to look like during the launch. This one I'm not going to be camping out for.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:23 pm

why dont you make a forum called ps3 bashing and its every thing and anything thats related to ps3 bashing im sure they will be alot of posts there
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:12 pm

The Brass wrote:why dont you make a forum called ps3 bashing and its every thing and anything thats related to ps3 bashing im sure they will be alot of posts there
Why do you wish harm on the PS3?

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:15 pm

R3V3N4N7 wrote:
The Brass wrote:why dont you make a forum called ps3 bashing and its every thing and anything thats related to ps3 bashing im sure they will be alot of posts there
f*ck the ps3.....is that a good anwer to your question

xbox rulz
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:36 pm

The Brass wrote:
R3V3N4N7 wrote:
f*ck the ps3.....is that a good anwer to your question

xbox rulz
No, not really. Do you have a good reason other then it sucks?

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:58 pm

were 2 start were 2 start hmmm.....

blu ray is 2 new of a technology to even start making blu ray players more then every one exept the techies knew there even was a blu ray player out and still even some techies didnt even know that started sales its just way way way to expensive to produce and what they havent been telling you is that the games will be realy expensive because there blu ray and blu ray disc are expensive plus a game will never get over 6gb the market will never give designers that much time to make a game.
so why support it on a ps3? that also leads to the ps3 price around 700$ or more for me up n canada who wants to pay 700$ for a console?

i think ps3 will meet the same fate as the psp its way ahead of its time with technology but right now ppl arent expecting technology ppl are expecting cheap prices and great games and ps3 has neither

any one can tell you playstation droped the ball with this gen consol if u dont belive me take a look at its latest stock its stock price actualy went down because of reputation now dats just 2 sad
OL' DIRTY BASTARD