Best Buy PS3 pre-orders.

Forum to discuss the Playstation family of consoles
raz0red
Site Admin

Best Buy PS3 pre-orders.

Post by raz0red » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:51 am

So, someone apparently leaked a page on the Best Buy site that was set to take PS3 pre-orders last night. I found out about this relatively late, but it was still functional. At any rate, I went ahead and ordered one of them.

However, I have little hope that they will honor the pre-orders. It appears thousands of people jumped on the site and ordered PS3s... I am sure most of them want to sell them on eBay. For me, I would rather just have the PS3 to play, but I guess that is what console launches have come to...

I will let you guys know when they cancel my order.

--Raz.

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:43 pm

Really? I heard that Best Buy was not taking pre orders. I still am going to wait and see what happens with this one before I go out and spend 600 plus dollars on one.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:13 am

Yeah, I don't think they were supposed to take pre-orders, but somehow a page leaked on to Froogle that had pre-orders for the 20gb and 60gb versions of the PS3. A lot of people ordered, and it eventually stopped taking pre-orders (I am assuming the quantity entered ran out). That is why I am sure they wil cancel all the orders, but it was worth a shot.

Right now, Best Buy's online tracking system shows my PS3 as "pre-ordered" with a delivery date of the 18th. Like I said, I know it will be cancelled, but it was worth a shot.

I am not completely sold on the system but due to the fact I had 3 gift cards and I went with the 20gb system, I figured $350 for a bluray player and what promises to be a decent gaming machine wasn't too horrible.

--Raz.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:49 am

i know this isnt about the ps3 but raz could u post another update like if ur stopping podccasting or you guys are recording it soon or any thing at all

pppppppppppppppppppppplllllllllllllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:45 am

Check the news.

--Raz

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:11 pm

Did you get the message Raz?

"Thank you for your recent visit to BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, your pre-order for the PlayStation 3 gaming system will be cancelled. Our system was not intended to take pre-orders on the PlayStation 3 gaming system. BestBuy.com will not be taking pre-orders for this item. Your pre-order will be cancelled and you will not be charged."

You know what they say- "If it sounds too good to be true, It probably is!!"

--SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:31 pm

Yeah, I got it... I figured as much... Oh well, guess I will be camping. :D

--Raz.