Tourist Trophy

Forum to discuss the Playstation family of consoles
PristineSteam

Tourist Trophy

Post by PristineSteam » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:49 am

I just started playing Tourist Trophy on PS2. It is a motorcycle racing game along the lines of Grand Turismo 4. I ride motorcycles in real life, so I like this sort of game. I think any motorcycle racing game where it is not ridiculously easy to crash is not being true to the sport. Even the pros crash fairly often in real life -- some of them have even crashed during the warm up lap. But most games go for an arcade-style experience where the bikes are artificially easy to ride, to avoid frustrating players.

This game does a good job of making it easy to go out of control and crash, so I liked that aspect right away :) . Passing someone by entering a corner too fast and then getting really hard on the brakes ought to be scary, and it is. The feeling of the bike getting "squirrely" under hard braking seems pretty realistic.

Another new twist is that you get new bikes by winning challenges, not by collecting money and buying them. So you can't just grind your way through earnings and save up for the best bike. If the challenge for a certain bike is tough, you just have to be good enough to pass it. This makes getting the bikes seem like more of an accomplishment.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Fri May 26, 2006 7:25 pm

tourist trophy is ok......
OL' DIRTY BASTARD