Prey demo is up!

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
raz0red
Site Admin

Prey demo is up!

Post by raz0red » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:07 am

Looks like Microsoft finally got around to posting the Prey demo on XBL. I am downloading now, it is a whopping 1.18 gigabytes!

Anywho, the demo is supposed to have the first 4 levels and multiplayer! I can't wait to check this one out.

--Raz.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:51 pm

I played through the single player portion of the Prey demo. Overall, it looks pretty decent. The one thing I noticed is how much it looks like Quake 4. Granted, they are using the same engine, but man, in some points of the demo I was like, "am I playing Quake 4?".

The story for the game is pretty unique, and that is probably the best thing I like about it. There are some unique elements to the game, "spirit walking", the use of gravity, the fact that you never really die, you just need to go through a challenge to return to where you left off. One aspect of the game that is sort of interesting is that it is supposed to adapt to your skill level. There is no "pick your level of the game", it is supposed to automatically adjust. With respect to that, I found the demo at least, way too easy.

Overall not a bad game, I am tempted to pick it up. The one thing that scares me a bit is that one of the game designers said the Xbox demo is about 1/4 of the game. Well, I finished the demo in about an hour, so I hope he was exagerating. Because, I don't want to spend $60 on a 4 hour game.

Anyone else play it? Any impressions?

--Raz.

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:44 pm

A four hour game? That's not good. I'll have to try it. Four hours is nothing compared to Kabuki Warriors for the first Xbox. I borrowed it from a friend and finnished it in fifteen minutes!

msaeger

Post by msaeger » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:49 pm

raz0red wrote: Overall not a bad game, I am tempted to pick it up. The one thing that scares me a bit is that one of the game designers said the Xbox demo is about 1/4 of the game. Well, I finished the demo in about an hour, so I hope he was exagerating. Because, I don't want to spend $60 on a 4 hour game.

--Raz.
According to the 1up podcast from yesterday it's about 10 hours long. I am guessing the designer is expecting people to play a bunch of multiplayer.

crimsontwin

prey demo

Post by crimsontwin » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:31 pm

Omg i just played this and it is awesome, when i first read previews of this game i thought it was gonna be really cheesy and predictable with the whole cherokee/fps thing but i reckon this game is gonna be really good, in my opinion- half life + fear with a little quake and doom thrown in for good measure, i cant wait for prey now ive played the demo :shock:
only the insane have strength enough to prosper, only those who prosper can truly judge what is sane.

crimsontwin on xbox live too, add me :)