Dead Rising Review

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
raz0red
Site Admin

Dead Rising Review

Post by raz0red » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:47 am

One of the first review's of Dead Rising is now available.

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/12 ... Rising/p1/

Looks like it is pretty good as it received an 8.7 score.
Dead Rising may not be a game for everyone, but it for those that have enjoyed past Capcom games and zombie games of the past will definitely want to check this out as it’s completely dissimilar from anything you’ve seen before. The astounding level of variety that is packed into the game is wonderful to see. While side missions can be tedious at times, there’s nothing that’s truly forcing you to complete them so feel free to steer clear if you like. The story is engaging and semi-comical at times, it definitely heads in a different direction than you’re expecting at the beginning. In short, this is the game that you should own in the interim between now and the holiday season’s onslaught of gaming bliss.
Looks like I am going to pick up a new 360 game tomorrow. :D

--Raz.

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:24 pm

Yep me too.
I just came from EB games. They tried to get me to put my name down on the list but I didn't do it (stupid me). I'm going to go back and do it. If you pre-order the game at EB, you get a free T-Shirt. Is says something like "Dead Rising - Welcome To Williamette Mall" then has a large shopping cart in the middle of the graphic.

This game is sooo gonna be fun!

SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:42 pm

it would be cool if u could start a review segment for the podcast were u review stuff that would add some sprinkles to the cake
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:34 am

The Brass wrote:it would be cool if u could start a review segment for the podcast were u review stuff that would add some sprinkles to the cake
I would be totally down with a listener coming on the show and doing a review of a title they have played recently. I just don't have a lot of extra time to spend the time needed to do a decent review. I don't want to half-a$$ it like major magazines and web sites do (EGM, 1up, EGM, 1up... )

So, if any of you guys reading this want to come on the show and do a review of a game (new or old), just private message me. That would be very cool. :D

--Raz.

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:31 pm

Whooo-Hooo!!
Just reserved my copy of Dead Rising this afternoon. I officially pick up my copy at 11:00am tomorrow! Also scored me one of those cool T-Shirts I was talking about! Check it -

Fresh out of the package. I was wearing it around the house this afternoon and the Mrs just rolled her eyes at the fact that it was so wrinkled (not to mention the goulish assortment of zombie exterminating devices in the shopping cart). Women just don't understand the euphoric sense you get when you mix video games, zombies & Tshirts together.

Laters!
SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:53 am

iamsjn wrote:Whooo-Hooo!!
Just reserved my copy of Dead Rising this afternoon. I officially pick up my copy at 11:00am tomorrow! Also scored me one of those cool T-Shirts I was talking about! Check it -

Fresh out of the package. I was wearing it around the house this afternoon and the Mrs just rolled her eyes at the fact that it was so wrinkled (not to mention the goulish assortment of zombie exterminating devices in the shopping cart). Women just don't understand the euphoric sense you get when you mix video games, zombies & Tshirts together.
Sweet shirt! I should have pre-ordered... sigh.

I am going to pick up my copy on my way home tonight. The reviews coming in seem very positive. Gamespot gave it an 8.4. They also have a really cool video review that is definitely worth checking out.

Yeah, I totally agree that most women don't get the whole zombie + video game thing (what are they thinking???). Fortunately, my wife likes to watch the zombie movies (and most horror movies for that manner). I just can't get here to get into the next-gen (or even most of the curren gen) games... sigh.

--Raz.