Feels good to own a console again...but what games to get?

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
Zilch

Feels good to own a console again...but what games to get?

Post by Zilch » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:38 pm

Hello All,

I am returning to console gaming and looking for a good online shooter game. I own COD2 but that has been a very disappointing experience. I am looking for a game that requires teamwork and good communication to complete the objective and finish the match. Personally, I get bored with straight on DM or CTF pretty quickly. As an example of what I like, one of my favorite shooters on the PC is Enemy-Territory. Having no experience with either GR or Battlefield I was wondering what others in the community would suggest.

Also, send me some friend requests. I don't have any console friends since I have been playing PC games after the demise of Dreamcast.

Zilch

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:47 pm

There aren't a lot of choices for the 360 yet, but you might check out Perfect Dark Zero. It has quite a few multiplayer online options. So far I've mostly played it in the solo or 2 player co-op modes though.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:53 pm

PDZ is probably what you are looking for. While I have issues with the single player game, the multi-player is very good. It has quite a diverse number of modes, and the Dark Ops missions are very cool.

I have played a bit of Quake IV on the 360, and it definitely isn't team based.

The big winner will be GRAW (Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter). But, it won't be out until March 7th, which isn't too long. From what I have seen it looks outstanding.

--Raz.

Zilch

Post by Zilch » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:31 pm

I was thinking about picking up PDZ. However, the reviews are all over the place. I may wind up just grabbing a copy to hold me over for a few weeks. I am pretty impatient i suppose. :P