Just Cause

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
raz0red
Site Admin

Just Cause

Post by raz0red » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:41 am

Anyone else check out this demo yet?

My initial reaction was that there is a lot of variety in the game. From stealing cars, performing stunts, parachuting, flying a helicopter, etc. The environment seems fairly expansive and detailed. My biggest issue is that there really isn't any challenge to the game. The use lock-on targeting is the most obvious example of this. I am hoping when this game does get released that it is harder than the demo.

Overall, a demo worth checking out.

--Raz.

Ummagumma

Re: Just Cause

Post by Ummagumma » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:31 am

raz0red wrote:Anyone else check out this demo yet?

My initial reaction was that there is a lot of variety in the game. From stealing cars, performing stunts, parachuting, flying a helicopter, etc. The environment seems fairly expansive and detailed. My biggest issue is that there really isn't any challenge to the game. The use lock-on targeting is the most obvious example of this. I am hoping when this game does get released that it is harder than the demo.

--Raz.
Stealing cars, performing stunts, parachuting, flyinG a helicopTer... it All sounds sorta familiar, somehow...

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:52 am

Can I borrow your 360? I will then give you my opinion of the game :-P

iamsjn

Re: Just Cause

Post by iamsjn » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:03 am

Ummagumma wrote:
raz0red wrote:Anyone else check out this demo yet?

--Raz.
Stealing cars, performing stunts, parachuting, flyinG a helicopTer... it All sounds sorta familiar, somehow...

Hmmmmm....
It does ring a bell. Just can't put my finger on it. :wink:
In all seriousness, I haven't tried out this demo yet but will plan on it tonight. Hopefully you'll have the option to disable auto targeting as that severely takes away from the gaming experience in my opinion. I love open ended games like this.

--SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:18 pm

Okay...
Just downloaded this demo and played for the past hour or so.

This game is unbelievable! Yea, the auto targeting is a pain in general but I found it pretty useful for those scumbags that hide in the bushes so you can't see them. The missions were difficult enough to make the auto targeting not much of a pain. Want to do something really cool? Make your way down to the sea shore. Hijack a cigeratte boat and get ready for some SERIOUS joy riding!!!! The openness of this game makes for a great gaming experience. Like the description says, "you've got 250,000 acres to explore!"

This game is definately a buy...

SjN

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:11 am

iamsjn wrote:Okay...
Just downloaded this demo and played for the past hour or so.

This game is unbelievable! Yea, the auto targeting is a pain in general but I found it pretty useful for those scumbags that hide in the bushes so you can't see them. The missions were difficult enough to make the auto targeting not much of a pain. Want to do something really cool? Make your way down to the sea shore. Hijack a cigeratte boat and get ready for some SERIOUS joy riding!!!! The openness of this game makes for a great gaming experience. Like the description says, "you've got 250,000 acres to explore!"

This game is definately a buy...

SjN
I played it a bit more last night, and I am liking it as well. Are you guys implying that it is a little GTA-like? :D Yeah, there are some definite similarities, but the theme of the game is different enough to keep me interested. I did go down and hijack the boat, that was very cool. Did you go out to the deep water and swim down to the bottom? It is pretty cool.

--Raz.

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:23 am

Yea, the game is somewhat GTA-like. I think the true GTA clone title goes to Saints Row. This game has a whole different look and feel to it. After playing it I'd say this game has very little in common with GTA.

I didn't go out to deep water and swim to the bottom but I did do it in the shallower areas. It's amazing. You run into seaweed and everything. Have you been able to parachute onto the top of that car yet? I can't do that to save my soul. I end up hijacking a car and chasing him down...

-SjN