Purchased Just Cause

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
iamsjn

Purchased Just Cause

Post by iamsjn » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:30 pm

Okay,
I finally dropped the bones for Just Cause. Although I haven't felt my way completely around this game, I fear that Raz0red was right. There just isn't much of a challenge to it. I was really hoping that we would be given the option of turning the auto targeting on & off but so far, that doesn't appear to be the case. Clearing out the first 3 missions was a piece of cake. I really hope it gets more difficult than that.

On the upside, the expansiveness of this game is simply awe inspiring. Just looking at the map shows me that I haven't even scratched the surface as far as things to do in this game. That's where I believe Just Cause will shine. Even in it's openendedness however, it can still be somewhat frustrating. Steal some scrapheap of a car in San Esprito and you'll have helicopters firing off SAMs at you!! As well as every single federaly on the island gunning for you head!

Can't a guy steal a car in peace anymore???

My two cents? Definitely rent this title before laying down 50 bucks for it...
Anybody else get their hands on this title? If so, whats your opinion??

--SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:33 am

I bought it too, and haven't gotten very far yet. My initial impressions: I like the vast scope of it and the skydiving element. In general I like the look of the environment, but the graphics seem a little oversaturated. The dirt bike you start out with is fun. Being able to use cars, bikes, boats, etc. right from the beginning of the game is great.

Drawbacks: initial missions are very easy. Shooting things is too automatic, getting shot does too little damage, and enemies do not seem very smart - they do the kamikaze charge much too often. The frame rate is never horrible but it is not always great either. Something about it does not feel nearly as "real" as Saints Row.

Still, I like the game and don't regret buying it.