Merging profiles

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
Achilles

Merging profiles

Post by Achilles » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:28 pm

I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to, maybe one of you guys have tried or seen this done.

I have an offline account, one I used to play through 50+ hours of oblivion, it was never online, never had live and has tons of achievements in it for Oblivion, which was the only gave I have played on it. I also have my live account, which I have yet to play Oblivion with, but I want to merge the two accounts, so I can get all my game time back without switch profiles all the time, and most importantly I want to get my achievements on the live account as well.

Can this be done?

LimitZer0

Post by LimitZer0 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:42 pm

I'm not 100% on this, but I think you can transfer your saves to your online profile to get the achievements... I think this is how people are cheating to get 100k+ achievement points.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:50 am

Hrrmmm... I am not sure there is a way to merge accounts. The one thing I really dislike about the 360 is the way they handle accounts. It is also a pain if you ever get a new 360 as you can no longer have other profiles play your downloaded XBL games. Argh.

--Raz.

pfj

Post by pfj » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:37 am

A friend of mine is in the same situation and was going to give this a go although it does cost you some Microsoft points!

http://www.xbox.com/zh-SG/support/syste ... rofile.htm

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:04 pm

That looked like a good idea at first, but after reading all the way it looks like I will have to give up my current online gamertag to get my old achievements back through that process, thus losing all the points I have on that account. Kind of a pain in the butt, I am going to try calling Microsoft and see if I can't get a better answer that way, there should be an easier way to do all this.