Halo 3 Beta

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
teal

Halo 3 Beta

Post by teal » Fri May 18, 2007 11:26 am

Well, someone had to say *something*. I'm really loving the Halo 3 beta. Of course, it's very familiar to Halo 2... The button layout takes some getting used to but once learned is easily superior to the older control styles. I'm hoping the game gets one more layer of polish to the graphics before release (really more like a light dusting of AA). The sound is terrific as is, the way far off weapon-fire and vehicles sound will do your surround sound justice.

Skirmish on Halo 2 has been a LONGtime favorite of mine. I really love the tweaks they've done to the different gametypes in the playlist... The new version of territories is far better than before and Bungie's version of VIP has a pretty nice twist to it.

Of course, I'm more than a bit biased... To confess, I haven't put down halo 2 since its release and still run with a consistant group of guys in team skirmish more than I'd care to admit.

I've noticed raz and R3v playing the beta, what do you guys think? Anybody else download it?
Visit the Working Gamer Podcast
Gaming News and Commentary for Real People

LimitZer0

Post by LimitZer0 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:04 pm

I love it... but I suck at it. I did not like Halo 2 at all for some reason. So all my Halo experience is with Halo 1 through the Gamespy tunnel. Needless to say... I am getting my ass handed to me.