DEAD SPACE

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
Horprodukt

DEAD SPACE

Post by Horprodukt » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:49 am

If anyone is still around (!) i recommend Dead Space on the 360.

It is a cross between RE4, Bioshock and the movie Event Horizon.

Great gaming to be had here!

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:00 am

I've rented it from GameFly. I can't wait to play it. I've heard a lot of good and scary things about it.

Horprodukt

Post by Horprodukt » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:12 am

Achilles wrote:I've rented it from GameFly. I can't wait to play it. I've heard a lot of good and scary things about it.
Blimey! Someone still comes here!

Dead Space is friggin' great. Quality gaming!
Just got Fallout 3 as well... another fantastic 360 title.

(BTW, you haven't had kids yet in Fable 2? Get shagging!)
Last edited by Horprodukt on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:14 am

I'm holding off on Fallout 3 right now. I always get all the fall games and play through them very quickly. When spring and summer roll around I have nothing to play anymore. This year I am playing one or two games at a time and pacing myself. Hopefully I can make it into the summer.

Horprodukt

Post by Horprodukt » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:22 am

This past summer was not great release wise, it was pretty dull gaming..... then this month tons came along all at once.Fable 2, Fallout 3, DeadSpace, then we have Gears coming, New TombRaider looks cool. I like the look of FarCry 2 as well.

I wish they staggered the releases a bit instead of all at once.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:49 am

I started to play Dead Space, but only got a little ways in. I recently completed Fable 2, so I think I am going to go back and give Dead Space a try. I definitely liked the atmosphere and it has amazing sound. My concern is that the game may turn into a repetitive fetch-and-quest. Is that the case, or is there variety in the missions?

--Raz.

Horprodukt

Post by Horprodukt » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:39 am

raz0red wrote:I started to play Dead Space, but only got a little ways in. I recently completed Fable 2, so I think I am going to go back and give Dead Space a try. I definitely liked the atmosphere and it has amazing sound. My concern is that the game may turn into a repetitive fetch-and-quest. Is that the case, or is there variety in the missions?

--Raz.
well it's true, there is a fair amount of backtracking round levels you've seen already to get some card or switch or something. I found the overall high quality of this game so good that i didn't mind too much re plodding through areas previously visited.

I completed it in 10 hours. That was about right. I wouldn't have wanted it any longer, but it was a quality title that i enjoyed a lot.

Fable 2 on the other hand i've tired of. It's a little too basic and younger audience friendly.

Fallout 3 is mind blowing. Very good. I'm 20 hours in and still just scratching the surface. You need to devote so much time to it, which could be good or bad depending on your view.

And... i just bought Left 4 Dead. Great for co op with friends. Like Horde on Gears of War 2 but more manic.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:01 pm

Horprodukt wrote: well it's true, there is a fair amount of backtracking round levels you've seen already to get some card or switch or something. I found the overall high quality of this game so good that i didn't mind too much re plodding through areas previously visited.

I completed it in 10 hours. That was about right. I wouldn't have wanted it any longer, but it was a quality title that i enjoyed a lot.

Fable 2 on the other hand i've tired of. It's a little too basic and younger audience friendly.

Fallout 3 is mind blowing. Very good. I'm 20 hours in and still just scratching the surface. You need to devote so much time to it, which could be good or bad depending on your view.

And... i just bought Left 4 Dead. Great for co op with friends. Like Horde on Gears of War 2 but more manic.
I definitely need to get back to Dead Space. Lately I have been on an adventure/platforming kick. I am almost done with the new Tomb Raider and then I think I am going to give the Prince of Persia a try. I may be currently experiencing shooter fatigue... :D

As soon as I am done with those I will be ready to attack Dead Space and Gears.

--Raz.