Wii2600

A forum to discuss Wii homebrew development.
raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:03 am

Just a quick status update...

Recently I have been working on the Paddle controller emulation. I added support for the Wiimote "roll" style controls (similar to the way Bit Trip Beat works, but a bit more flexible). The really cool part is that with these controls it is now possible to play 4 player Warlords.

In addition to the "roll" style Wiimote controls, I am improving the support for IR-based paddle controls.

I should have a "preview" release out by the end of this weekend.

--Raz.

bootsector

Post by bootsector » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:51 pm

Thanks for the heads up, raz0red!!

Keep up the great work on this great Wii port!

P.S.: Just finished listening to all episodes of the podcast! I'm really looking forward a new one! ;)

Regards,

bootsector

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:11 am

Well, I think I have finally finished all of the changes for the 0.2 release of Wii2600.

I would really like to get some testing on it prior to releasing, so please send me a PM if you are interested. I would typically just post it, but the last "pre" release of WiiHandy got spread prior to its official version.

Anywho, here is a rundown of the 0.2 features:

Code: Select all

- Ability to set the paddle mode to use (supports up to 4 paddles, Warlords anyone?)
    + Wiimote "Roll mode" (similar to Bit Trip Beat)
    + Wiimote "IR mode" (rewritten since 0.1)
    + Analog Joystick mode (Classic, Nunchuk, Gamecube)
- Wiimote paddle "Roll mode" settings
    + Sensitivity
    + Center adjustment
- Wiimote paddle "IR mode" settings
    + Sensitivity
- Analog joystick control support (in game and during menu navigation)
- Driving control support (via d-pad and analog controls)
- Ability to toggle color/BW modes from controller (Starmaster, etc.)
- Improved sound support 
Some quick notes...

If you use "Analog joystick" paddle mode, it will select the first Analog joystick it finds. Therefore, if you have a Classic controller or Nunchuk plugged into the Wiimote, those will be used for the analog paddle controls. If you want to use a Gamecube controller, unplug the Classic or Nunchuk from the Wiimote. (This is unnecessary for analog Joystick support, only for paddles)

I would highly recommend messing with the Sensitivity and Center adjust settings for the Wiimote "Roll" and "IR" modes.

For example, I find it akward to hold the Wiimote completely flat when using "Roll" mode. Thus, I usually tweak it all the way forward (+5). I also like to crank up the sensitivity to 7.

Anyway, it is definitely worth messing with those settings until you feel comfortable with it.

--Raz.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Mon May 04, 2009 3:48 am

Just released 0.2.

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii2600

A very special thanks goes out to munky6 who did an outstanding job testing the release!

--Raz.

Ebf18

Post by Ebf18 » Mon May 04, 2009 4:21 am

raz0red wrote:Just released 0.2.

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii2600

A very special thanks goes out to munky6 who did an outstanding job testing the release!

--Raz.
Thanks Raz! Looking forward to using it. :D