I got a Wii!!

Forum to discuss the Nintendo family of consoles
dantebk

I got a Wii!!

Post by dantebk » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:30 am

Okay I am definitely going to try to get a Wii tomorrow, though I'm not willing to camp out overnight.

I'll probably get there at 6 AM (2 hours early) and hope for the best, though I haven't decided which store I'm going to yet. In the space of about 3 or so miles there are 3 Targets, a Wal*Mart, a Best Buy, a Circuit City, and a Toys 'R Us.

Anyone else going out tomorrow for a Wii?
Last edited by dantebk on Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:53 am

I am not going for one, but I would definitely recommend one of the Targets. For some reason people seem to flock to the Best Buys and the Toys 'R Us. I drove past the Target here locally that received 12 Wiis last Sunday and there were only 2 people waiting out front at 7am.

Good luck!

--Raz.

dantebk

Post by dantebk » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:38 pm

I got it!!

Woo-hoo!!

I went to Target first, about 6:30 AM. There were about 60 people. So then I went to Best Buy, and there were at least 50 people (for 15 Wii's). Then I went to Circuit City, and there were 15 people and 12 Wii's. So THEN I went to Toys 'R Us.

I was #19 or 20 (I thought) and no one knew how many Wii's they would have. So I waited from 6:45 AM to 7:30 AM until the guy finally came out and passed out vouchers. I got voucher #17 of 18. So close!!

Then we got it home, hooked it up (with component cables I pre-ordered from Nintendo.com) and set up the WiFi. Everything's working like a charm. Toys 'R Us even had plenty of controllers so we got an extra remote and nunchuk. The graphics look great on my HDTV (what's everyone complaining about??) And the Mii's we made even look like us!

My GF has beaten me and everything we've attempted except for boxing. I'm good at boxing. :D

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:23 pm

Awesome! Please post your Wii machine code so I can add it to my friend's list.

--Raz.

dantebk

Post by dantebk » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:04 am

raz0red wrote:Awesome! Please post your Wii machine code so I can add it to my friend's list.

--Raz.
Wii code is... 8884 6924 3969 9347

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:50 pm

Awesome. I will get a Wii eventually, but not for a few months. I played Chris' Wii and thought it was a lot of fun.

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:49 am

I finally got a Wii. They are still rare around here but I happened to be in the right store at the right time, and I bought one. Zelda is awesome, and Metroid looks good. Other than that though, there are not a ton of games I want to own right now but many possible rentals.

Horprodukt

Post by Horprodukt » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:09 am

I got a Wii about 2 months ago. Apart from Wii Sports that came with i don't have any other games for it yet.
I think the Wii has great potential, but the current releases to date have been rather poor.
I'm waiting for Metroid to come out in the UK, that'll be my first purchase.

Horprodukt

Post by Horprodukt » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:54 am

I haven't touched my Wii in 3 months.... ever since i got my 360.

The Xbox is really doing it for me, and the Wii's just not cutting it.

Am i wrong in being disappointed with Nintendo's "revolution"?

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:16 am

Horprodukt wrote:I haven't touched my Wii in 3 months.... ever since i got my 360.

The Xbox is really doing it for me, and the Wii's just not cutting it.

Am i wrong in being disappointed with Nintendo's "revolution"?
No, I don't think you are wrong with being disappointed. The only games that I have played on it are the Nintendo ones. I am still playing Zelda (around 40 hours), Paper Mario, and I just picked up Mario Galaxy.

The rest of the games.... ugh...

To be honest, it isn't much different that what happened with the GameCube from the hardcore gamer's perspective. The large sales of the system seem to be largely from the casual crowd. While this is good for Nintendo in terms of hardware sales, they don't seem to be purchasing many games beyond WiiPlay...

--Raz.

teal

Post by teal » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:08 pm

Personally, I couldn't be more disappointed in the Wii. For the most part, my Wii has been a big paperweight. I didn't even make it very far into Twighlight Princess (the last thing I recall doing was defrosting a bunch of fish people). In the last year, I've only used my Wii a handful of times, and that was mostly because friends came over and wanted to try Wii sports.

My wife gave me Super Mario Galaxy for Xmas, but I still haven't even taken the shrink wrap off of it. Of course, she also gave me Mass Effect which monopolized a LOT of my time, even with all its flaws.

I just shake my head when people talk about the Wii these days. My "favorite" systems still has to be the 360...even though i'm on my THIRD box. ugh.
Visit the Working Gamer Podcast
Gaming News and Commentary for Real People

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:37 pm

teal wrote:Personally, I couldn't be more disappointed in the Wii. For the most part, my Wii has been a big paperweight. I didn't even make it very far into Twighlight Princess (the last thing I recall doing was defrosting a bunch of fish people). In the last year, I've only used my Wii a handful of times, and that was mostly because friends came over and wanted to try Wii sports.

My wife gave me Super Mario Galaxy for Xmas, but I still haven't even taken the shrink wrap off of it. Of course, she also gave me Mass Effect which monopolized a LOT of my time, even with all its flaws.

I just shake my head when people talk about the Wii these days. My "favorite" systems still has to be the 360...even though i'm on my THIRD box. ugh.
I am in exactly the same boat. I have Mario, but haven't really touched it. I know it is a great game, but for some reason I just don't have the desire to play the Wii (thus, the fact that I am still 45 hours into Twilight Princess...).

3rd 360? Me too.... :D Very sad.

--Chris.

LimitZer0

Post by LimitZer0 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:43 pm

I also don't play the Wii - I have Galaxy, Paper Mario, and Zelda and have barely played any of them. :cry:

The lack of community/social networking makes everything a little boring.

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:13 am

LimitZer0 wrote:I also don't play the Wii - I have Galaxy, Paper Mario, and Zelda and have barely played any of them. :cry:

The lack of community/social networking makes everything a little boring.
Interesting point. If it had Xbox 360-style achievements and online interaction with other players, would you like it better?

yeti

Post by yeti » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:52 am

LimitZer0 wrote: The lack of community/social networking makes everything a little boring.
the DS got off to a slow start online - im hoping it will pick up,