Congratulations on the podcast

Forum for our Podcast
teal

Congratulations on the podcast

Post by teal » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:42 pm

I happened upon your podcast through Itunes. Great first show. I can't say that I agree with *everything* , but it wouldn't have been as entertaining if I had. I am with you on Condemned. Great game.

Anyway, I liked thw four sections of the 'cast. Most of my friend's don't play games, so it's nice to hear from fellow gamers.

-teal.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:44 am

Cool, thanks for the feedback, glad to hear you liked it.

I noticed your Geometry Wars score is awfully close to mine. I need to get cracking to increase my lead. :D

--Raz.

teal

sabotage!

Post by teal » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:10 pm

Ah yes, I would have gotten past you this weekend... but my dog decided to jump all over right when I got to 1mil. Since then I've only been able to come up with a few 500K games.

Bribing my dog to sabotage my GW Games will only keep your score safe for so long!

-t.

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:10 pm

Haha, I remember back when I had an infrared wireless controller for PS2, that required a clear line-of-sight between the controller and the PS2, my cat would always walk in front of the PS2 box right at some critical moment of the game, blocking the transmission. I went back to using the wired controller.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:23 pm

Speaking of not being able to get over 500k, that is sort of the lame thing about Geometry Wars. It seems that the games difficulty is all over the map. Sometimes I can play 4 or 5 games in a row and consistently break a million. Then, I will start another series of games some point later and have trouble breaking 700k. Is it just me, or is there an inconsistency w/ the difficulty? Dogs not withstanding. :D

And damn Teal, how did you already score 900 gamer points on Fight Night?

--Raz.

teal

Frustrations

Post by teal » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:56 am

The way that enemies spawn in geometry wars can be annoying. Some games the first 100k are a breeze. Otheres you get the little purple guys comeing out at you wave after wave. BUT, I do like the the waves are (as far as I can tell) are randomly generated, if the order/type of waves were set in stone every game, i'm sure the replayability would suffer.
That said, I usually find my first game of GW is usually the best. But i'll be damned if i can't break 1.2mil!@!!@!

Fight Night is a great game, I highly recommend picking that one up. Actually, I haven't bought it yet; I've had it through game fly since its release and i'm actually considering just buying it. As far as the acheivements in that game... They're not hard to get; you get them all by playing through the career mode. I definately junked out on that game for a while, but i also flew the first 2/3 of my (currently) 34 bouts. What's great is that just now, late in the game, things really get interesting. The boxers you have to fight almost always outclass you in terms of stats so it each bout becomes a very strategic match. I went about 28-29 bouts untill i hit my first real loss. And it stung. In terms of difficulty progression I think the game really excels. I just wish I had some peoples around here to knock around in multiplayer. I don't trust ANY online service for 1vs1 fighting games. The lag is just too much of a factor.

-t.

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:42 pm

In Geometry Wars, my scores are very inconsistent too. It seems that there are certain "key moments" in the spawn patterns where if you either die there or are forced to use a smart bomb, it disrupts the "flow" of the game and makes it nearly impossible to continue from there. On the other hand, if you make it through those moments without dying the parts right after that become easy.

I like Fight Night too, and my most exciting match so far was one where I was boxing very carefully, avoiding getting hit, and picking up enough points to win every round. Then in the very last round, I had the fight in the bag, all I had to do was dance around a little and wait . . . and my opponent came out like a madman, throwing everything he had at me in a desperate attempt to knock me out! It was scary! I just barely stayed on my feet and won the fight. But that twist was great.

teal

Post by teal » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:58 pm

HA! I had the same thing happen to me in Fight Night. It was fairly early in the game, and the "Bonus" condition was to win by decision. So I tried to go through the bout without knocking him out. I forget how many rounds it went but, I was doing fine and then all of a sudden the guy goes on a rampage and knocks me down twice in one round. I couldn't get up the second time. I don't count that as a a real loss though :wink: .