Latest podcast

Forum for our Podcast
D_Davis

Latest podcast

Post by D_Davis » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:09 pm

Hey guys, your latest podcast is awesome! Loved it, one of the best yet. I am going to compile my own Favorite 20 Arcade Games list and post it later on. I don't think any of mine are on your list, as most of mine or shmups! :)

Anyhow, keep it up guys.

raz0red
Site Admin

Re: Latest podcast

Post by raz0red » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:21 pm

D_Davis wrote:Hey guys, your latest podcast is awesome! Loved it, one of the best yet. I am going to compile my own Favorite 20 Arcade Games list and post it later on. I don't think any of mine are on your list, as most of mine or shmups! :)

Anyhow, keep it up guys.
Thanks for the kind words. I can't wait to see your list. I like shmups as well, but I had to go back to my roots for this list.

I will be posting our complete list plus our individual lists in a couple of days. I just wanted to wait until most people had heard the podcast.

Also, it may not have been clear on the podcast how we merged our scores. But, essentially if you picked a game as your#1, it got 20 points, #2 got 19 points, etc. We then summed the numbers for each game and let Excel sort it out. The list came out much better than I thought it would. Even with Tom crazily putting DDR as #1, it still dropped down pretty low since nobody else voted for it. :D

---Raz.

D_Davis

Post by D_Davis » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:14 am

Here are my favorite 20. I don't know if it is really in any order, except of course for #1:

1 Street Fighter II (and all of it's incarnations)
2 Strider
3 Three Wonders
4 Metal Slug (the whole franchise)
5 Forgotten Worlds
6 Space Harrier
7 Freedom Fighter (LD game)
8 Tempest
9 Dig Dug
10 Side Arms
11 Tecmo Knights
12 Captain Commando (And any of the clones, Final Fight, etc...)
13 Dodonpochi
14 Guwanga
15 R-Type (franchise)
16 Quiz and Dragons (don't make fun!)
17 Star Wars Arcade
18 Smash TV
19 UN Squadron
20 Heavy Barrel