Does Tom smell?

Forum for our Podcast
Achilles

Does Tom smell?

Post by Achilles » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:59 pm

I was listening to the latest cast again today and I noticed something. I went back to old episodes and it was there too. I each episode it sounds like Tom is sitting across the room from you guys, at the end of a long table or something. My only conclusion was that either Tom smells really bad and you guys don't want to sit near him, or Tom is so awesome that he needs extra space for his greatness. Which it is I can't figure out, but maybe one of you guys can help and enlighten me as to why he sounds so far away.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:50 pm

Well, he does in fact smell bad, but that isn't the issue. The issue is that he has a tendency to start by the microphone and then as the podcast goes on, he starts to lean back, back, back until he sounds like he is in another room.

Dave and I have talked about this, and we are going to attempt to keep on top of it for the next episode. Anytime Tom tries the lay back approach we are going to signal for him to get closer to the Mic. Hopefully this will resolve the issue as it annoys me as well when I am editing each cast. :D

So hopefully it won't be in the next episode... sorry that we haven't corrected it sooner.

--Raz.

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:12 am

I didn't mean to make it sound like it bugged me, it adds depth to the podcast, haha. Just something I was wondering about and wanted to point out, that's all.

Don't hurt him too much, I like Tom.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:11 pm

Heh, I was just kidding, Tom really doesn't smell. :D

We won't beat him up, we just need to try to figure out a better way to arrange our setup so Tom (and Dave for that matter) don't lean back and stray from the microphone. Hopefully we will get it right on the next cast.

--Raz.

msaeger

Post by msaeger » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:08 pm

I guess I never noticed it but I probably will now thanks :)

How about head set mics ?
Wii Wii Wii

Matt

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:06 am

:'(
Last edited by The Brass on Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:14 pm

Heh, this topic is funny. I do tend to lean back. I think this is because in the early episodes I was talking too loud. When I get excited about the topic I start talking louder and louder until I'm practically shouting, so to compensate I lean back from the mic. I guess I'm leaning back too much now. Anyway, no I'm not at the other end of the room, we have 1 mic per 2 people so I am usually sitting right next to Dave.

Tom

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:18 pm

There you are Tom. I didn't mean for this to be as big an issue as it seems to be, just something I noticed. But I guess any feedback such as this is good to improving the podcast.

Just curious, but what kind of setup do you guys use to record the show?

sputicus

Post by sputicus » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:09 pm

I think I am just hogging the mic. Or maybe I am the one that smells and Tom is just trying to get some air.