Twitch Asylum Video Game Radio Episode #18

Forum containing news postings

Moderator: Admin group

Harmik

Post by Harmik » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:46 am

Awesome podcast as usual im actually listening to them all over again iv never done that with any other podcast. And i just recived Space Patrol fot Intellivision today :)

yeti

Post by yeti » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:15 pm

loved the out-takes too :lol:

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:24 am

yeti wrote:loved the out-takes too :lol:
I wasn't sure anyone was going to catch that. :D

--Raz.

Harmik

Post by Harmik » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:55 am

Of course we did and thats not the first time you have had out-takes :)

Subaltern

Post by Subaltern » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:43 pm

When are we gonna hear the rest of the Nintendo retro respect? I was psyched when I heard the first part.

Harmik

Post by Harmik » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:32 pm

Subaltern wrote:When are we gonna hear the rest of the Nintendo retro respect? I was psyched when I heard the first part.
I was going to ask about that, it was one of the early episode's for the fist one it think.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:06 am

Subaltern wrote:When are we gonna hear the rest of the Nintendo retro respect? I was psyched when I heard the first part.
Probably in one of the next couple of podcasts. The content for the current podcast is done and waiting to be recorded. Unfortunately, there have been a few work related issues that have prevented us from getting together. We are targeting the new podcast to be available within the next couple of weeks.

--Raz.

Subaltern

Post by Subaltern » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:38 pm

Time's no issue for me, as long as you guys continue putting out some awesome shows. Can't wait for the next!

whollymindless

Which version of Magic The Gathering?

Post by whollymindless » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:21 pm

Was it the old Microprose version? Duel of the Plainswalkers? That sounds like the version that was described.

We should see if we can't get a multiplayer game going through the 'net sometime.

Anyone else play it?

Wholly

sputicus

Which version of Magic The Gathering?

Post by sputicus » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:15 pm

It is Duel of the Plainswalkers. Arranging an online battle would be fun, I have never tried it. I have a friend who I have talked about linking up a game with, but have not tried it yet.

yeti

Post by yeti » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:35 am

raz0red wrote:
Probably in one of the next couple of podcasts. The content for the current podcast is done and waiting to be recorded. Unfortunately, there have been a few work related issues that have prevented us from getting together. We are targeting the new podcast to be available within the next couple of weeks.

--Raz.
great, I'm really looking forward to the next bit of the Nintendo feature.

msaeger

Post by msaeger » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:04 pm

Somehow I missed this episode so I just listened to it today.

I agree that much of the gaming press acts like bratty junior high kids and I don't enjoy reading their reviews. I pretty much decide if I want a game or not buy reading descriptions and watching videos. I listen to 1upyours sometimes and they are way to immature. As far as 1up goes gfwradio is the best thing they have.

The mature podcasts I have found are gamers with jobs, gfw has some pretty good discussions about games even though they are crude, twitch asylum of course, and player one is pretty good you can hear the former immature gaming journalist come through sometimes though. Any good ones I have missed ?

Oh insomniac's is really good too ratchet being on of my favorite games helps them probably.
Wii Wii Wii

Matt

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:59 pm

man i wish the twitch crew could get back together and at least make a final show that would be a fitting end to a great podcast
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

yeti

Post by yeti » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:27 am

yeah, i agree

i miss these podcasts - by far the most mature and interesting game discussion ive heard to-date

hopefully they've been secretly recording a new episode ;)

Harmik

Post by Harmik » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:56 am

I really miss the shows still the best video game podcast out there. I wish you guys could make money from it maybe do some reviews turn it into a mini IGN or 1UP but better and throw up some add's. That way you could all quit your jobs and do more Podcasts so that I dont have to listen to all the other crapy podcasts out there on my 1 hour trip to and from work every day. :)

PLEASE DO MORE :cry: