Favorite parts of Twitch Asylum?

Forum for our Podcast
gc?!

Favorite parts of Twitch Asylum?

Post by gc?! » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:09 pm

- Howard Scott Warshaw interview. I liked ep 1 but this was really the point that made me think "yep, this is by far the best vg podcast out there". (ep 2)
- EGM discussion segment (ep 1)
- "The Wii Remove" (forgot sadly)
- Chris's story on getting his PS3 (ep 15) - I really related to this one since I stood outside for the Wii at a Best Buy
- Infocom retro respect (ep 11)
- Sierra Online retro respect (ep 7)
- Ultima retro respect (ep 12)
- History of id retro respect (ep 8 )
- Laser disc retro respect (ep 10)
- King of Kong retro respect (ep 18 )
- ...Yeah, pretty much all the retro respect segments.
- And for that matter, all the interviews.
- PAX gaming discussion (ep 12)
- Abandonware discussion (ep 8 )
- California Extreme discussion (ep 9)
- Tom not wanting to take a break after segments
- Tom's fan letter
- A lot of the news segments. There's a lot of topics, so I can't recall too many specific ones, but I do like them.

It's been well over a year since the last episode, but even after listening to all 18 episodes, I'm relistening to them. They've really stood the test of time. Being such a big fan, I'm greedy and wish to see more episodes. I know everyone behind the show is busy though, so I can't hold it to them, but I'll still be checking the home page for some indication of a new show if/when a new episode comes out.

But anyway, the reason I made this topic is for people to talk about their favorite parts of the podcast. There's a lot that happened in them, so I'm wondering what other people think are their favorite parts of the show? I know there's still some people who browse the forums. I mean Chris pretty much beat it into your heads to check out the forums through the podcast :P

vintageclubjunkie

Post by vintageclubjunkie » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:15 pm

I want them to drop another podcast on us, but without apologies. I've listened to all the old ones twice over in just the past couple weeks, not to mention the many times I've relistened to them in the past, and they seem to always start the same way. "Its been awhile since our last podcast because......." and then the guys do a roundabout on the many reasons why they haven't been podcasting lately. I think we're all to the point that we understand that Twitch Asylum Radio is The Northern Lights of the podcast world, and we're extremely excited and grateful when it comes around. No need to explain why, no apologies, no promises for the next show.....just drop one on us like they've been around the entire time.

That's what I'm hoping for. I just want to log in one day and BOOM! ---there's a brand new podcast discussing god knows what that lasts 3 hours and makes no mention of its absence.

What a great show. Its a video game history lesson for the soul in every bite....or, byte....or bit. Eight bits, to be exact.
Ryan Grant
*Long Live the TurboGrafx-16*

gc?!

Post by gc?! » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:32 pm

I kinda agree, it'd be cool if the guys didn't mention the absence of the show, but I'm really curious to hear what they've been up to in the past year. I'd also be looking forward to a lengthy "what we've been playing" segment that covers the year absence 8)

I may have become a Twitch Asylum fan pretty late (just heard about it a month ago on a forum), but I definitely haven't hesitated to spread the word about the show. Please let there be a 19th episode, someday :)

Also Chris/raz0red, I don't know if you've played much 360 lately, but I added you to my friends list. I'll probably add Tom eventually.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:27 pm

gc?! wrote: Also Chris/raz0red, I don't know if you've played much 360 lately, but I added you to my friends list. I'll probably add Tom eventually.
I have been playing my 360, but not online as I moved all my gaming consoles into another room. I am hoping to get the 360 wireless adapter, but it seems way too expensive. :(

Thanks for adding me, I will try to get online in the next week or so.

(on a complete side note) I recently picked up an iPhone 3Gs and I must say I am extremely impressed with the games. The fact that you can play DS level games and only pay $.99 for most of them is very impressive. Anyone else have one out there? Have any games you can recommend?

--Raz.

gc?!

Post by gc?! » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:43 am

Hi Chris! It's true, the wireless adapter is way overpriced. I don't get why the 360 doesn't have wifi built-in - I mean, the PSP and DS had wifi, and they came out before the 360 did. I reluctantly threw $65 down for the adapter last week, and it does the job, but the hole in the wallet is still there.

I just heard about that new iPhone on another podcast I listen to. I'm not sure about games on it, but the podcast was talking about some Need for Speed game on it. I think it was this one: http://www.eamobile.com/Web/iphone-game ... undercover

Personally I don't own an iPhone, but I do know that the iPod/iPhone has been reaching out in the gaming market quite a bit. Kinda curious to see where it'll go. Congrats on getting one :)

Harmik

Post by Harmik » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:55 am

I have said it before and I will say it again Twitch Asylum is the best video game podcast ever. Its the only podcast I have listened to more than once, I think about three times now and about ready for a 4th. They All work well together and are more professional than the professionals, and they don't have annoying voices. I just wish they could make money from it so they could do more instead Im stuck with 1up. :(

Harmik

Post by Harmik » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:23 am

I should mention some other good podcasts. Weekend Gamer reminds me of Twitch Asylem but a UK version & Retrobits Podcast a podcast on retro computers.

gc?!

hey, why not

Post by gc?! » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:55 pm

Anyone going to California Extreme?

raz0red
Site Admin

Re: hey, why not

Post by raz0red » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:05 am

gc?! wrote:Anyone going to California Extreme?
I may be going, my wife is attempting to get the time off.

--Raz.

gc?!

Post by gc?! » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:27 pm

Sounds good Chris! Please give us the full coverage on it, in some form or another. *hint* :wink: